Anti-BRI's will be pissed at this probably...

Do you think Black Rose Immortal should be included in the Chronology tour?

• YES!!!

Votes: 39 68.4%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.6%

• Total voters
Stimuli said:
I personally would rather hear Advent and To Bid You Farewell

Hey, and those are EXCELLENT tracks, for sure but I for one have already seen those two tracks played live. Though, with Advent, it hasn't been since the FIRST time I saw Opeth which was a few years ago.

Anyway, BRI to me isn't the FINE song that it is because of its length. The length is what helps it become better because the track is capable of filling in more great moments. If this was a 20-minute repetitive, boring track that went nowhere, I wouldn't take a liking to it at all. But it just happens to be a song filled with haunting musical pieces and immense emotion and atmosphere that creates a lasting impression.

The fact is, everytime I listen to this song, just when you think it's getting great or you think you've just heard the best part the song has to offer, another part GREATER than the last just comes out of nowhere totally satisfying your musical needs.

I don't know, this the song that first got me into Opeth and the track that first made me realize that extreme music can be beautiful. It's because of this song that I ended up embracing bands such as Cradle of Filth, Emperor, Arcturus, Dissection, Mayhem, Dimmu Borgir and everything else the "dark metal" realm has to offer.

Ehh, I could live without it. It would be cool to hear it since it's never been done before, but when it comes to premiering tracks I'd rather hear "The Night and the Silent Water", even though the chances of that are near zilch unfortunately. But I've never seen any Morningrise stuff live, so I'll be happy if it's done.

When it comes to the premiering of the four tracks, I'd definitely want "By the Pain I See in Others" and "Atonement" - but most of all, "Dirge for November"!!

But anyway, if it's done, cool, but if not, I wouldn't mind. I've never been a fan of the song, cool individual parts but ehh.

I'd rather hear its premiere any day over "Wreath"'s though!