Morningrise: Just what is the best song?

Best song on Morningrise.

• Advent

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • The Night and the Silent Water

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Nectar

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Black Rose Immortal

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • To Bid you Farewell

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters
Man I say that BRI is my least favorite on the album because of the sheer lack of unorganization!! That bugs me sooo much! Maybe it just hasnt captivated me yet, but Nectar is my favorite!! Probably because it reminds me of the days listening to that song over and over first hearing Opeth.

BRI is the best, mainly because it was the first Opeth song I heard. It's close (for me) between BRI, TBYF, and Advent. And TNATSW and Nectar, as well. :D

At the moment, BRI has 27, and TBYF has 15.

It's torment choosing between the songs, they all have phenomenal parts, but my vote went to Black Rose Immortal, cause that songs contains my favourite part on the album, but the other songs are quite as amazing...

I mean, Advent, superb; NATSW, spinechilling; Nectar; phenomenal; BRI, enchanting; TBYF; beautiful...

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Indeed, Katatonic289...the whispers within The Night and the Silent Water at the end is an incredible conclusion to the song! Love that part...just had to say that.

Also, the line "She wept and whispered...I know," within To Bid You Farewell (also a whisper) instantly gave me the chills, especially as the amazing riff followed right after. Damn...that song is just incredible as well...

Also, a note on Nectar: The intro is stunning! And, when Mikael pulls off that amazing growl OUT THE BLUE :)cool: you should know what I'm talking about), I was totally in amazement! Together with the incredible guitar in the background, and you got one heck of an amazing part....

:D Well, finally...the votes are coming in. Seems like BRI is the favourite, by quite a margin.

Even though Black Rose Immortal is a fucking awesome song To Bid You Farewell will always be the best song on Morningrise to me since it was the song that turned me onto Opeth!