Just got Morningrise

LuminousAether said:
And Iron Maiden mostly influenced power metal and melodic death, two genres I have very little to no interest in.
Iron Maiden is probably the biggest influence on Orchid and Mornigrise out of any band. The whole rhythm section is pure Maiden, no doubt about it. This leads me to believe that you've never heard the band, because if you had, you would know that Orchid and Morningrise have more in debt to Maiden than they do to any other band.

By far the most noticable and detracting element of Iron Maiden is Dickinson's voice, it is so absolutely abysmal that it makes it next to impossible to actually focus on any other aspect of the music. That man can't sing, and whoever told him he could should be tortured.

And I fail to see how Opeth could be said to sound much like Maiden when even To Bid You Farewell is a far heavier song than anything Maiden ever did.

Opeth is not repetitive at all, something that instantly makes them far from being similar to Maiden, who were a very very anti-progressive and pro-repetition band.

Also, I think that stating that I haven't heard Iron Maiden before is pretty fucking stupid considering that EVERYONE has heard Maiden before.

TakinTheMusicBack said:
No, I tout old bands as the best because they're the bands I discovered first, and are my favourites - it's my opinion. I would say you're just touting new, "cult" bands to try and impress people with your knowledge of lesser known bands as though it makes you a musical guru.
Sorry stupid, you lost ANY credibility you had with those comments about the Beatles - the Beatles were only a "boy band" in their early years - they became a classic rock band later on - take a listen to the White Album for proof. If you'd ever heard it you would be able to comment on them instead of coming up with bizarre theories like "they probably stole from the underground"!!! Good idea - dont know anything about a band? Make something up to try and prove your point! o_O
I also genuinely believe you have never really heard a Maiden album but are just bashing them to try and sound "cool". If you'd heard any of their stuff why haven't you mentioned any song titles?? You just make broad statements about bands without being specific. How about "Rime of the Ancient Mariner"? Is that not complex enough for you? What about "Alexander The Great"???
Maybe you should try LISTENING to bands, instead of slagging them off with no knowledge to back up your arguments? You may have your own opinions but what do you base them on? Second hand knowledge and hearsay apparently.
Saying Lars is so bad he ruins the music is another crazy and frankly bizarre statement - I've NEVER heard anyone say Lars' drumming fucked up Ride The Lightning or Master of Puppets - more proof you have no idea what you're saying because of all the fucking medication you're on. :zombie:

Instead of providing a detailed response to this VH1 based spiel, I'll respond to your pure stupidity on the Beatles.

Obviously, the mainstream ALWAYS rips off the underground. The Beatles were a boy band, and all of a sudden they decide to change their sound to a more psychedelic one... hmm... smells like trendwhorism to me, in a similar manner that Pantera did after their early cock rock cds. I can confidently state that there was a 99% chance that outside influences and drugs were 100% behind their "revolutionary" change. Just because a shitty pop band was in the position to use their illgained money to release some drug addled bullshit means that I should respect them as the worlds greatest rock band? Yeah, fucking RIGHT. And besides, they only existed as a band for a few years after this big transformation, and 3 fucking years later King Crimson came and made a revolution in rock history that was far more important.

Also, one more point, I don't listen to newer music to look cool, I listen to newer music because technology has made such incredible improvements that it makes listening to old recordings a chore due to subpar recording. Also, another reason is that newer music is just more interesting. There's only so much you can do with rock music, and newer bands are experimenting outside of rock in ways that bands before the 80s didn't even think of doing, and metal didn't even think of doing this until after the 90s. I listen to older music, but it's certainly not metal. I'll listen to King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Television, Foetus, Depeche Mode, New Order, Joy Division, Skinny Puppy, Ministry, KMFDM, Einsturzende Neubauten, and many more bands that released revolutionary and completely innovative albums in the 60's, 70's, and 80's without resorting to the same lame bands that VH1 and aging rock critics have been touting for years.

Lion in a Cage said:
AC/DC are indeed hard rock. I never really cared about Iron Maiden, I find them boring and overrated. Metallica has two really good albums, "Master of Puppets" and "And Justice for All", the other albums being either shitty or just average.

Ride the Lighting is better than Mop and AJFA . Period

Also, 6 people here seem to disagree with you strongly and basically think your a stupid fuck who doesnt seem to know what he's talking about.
So what your saying is that LuminousAether is wrong just cause 6 people dont agree with him? It seems that you are the mindless idiot here.

Divine_intent said:
So what your saying is that LuminousAether is wrong just cause 6 people dont agree with him? It seems that you are the mindless idiot here.

i hope you have actually read over his posts before making this statement...

it was him who first called people here "tasteless". Fuck that booger

LuminousAether said:
By far the most noticable and detracting element of Iron Maiden is Dickinson's voice, it is so absolutely abysmal that it makes it next to impossible to actually focus on any other aspect of the music. That man can't sing, and whoever told him he could should be tortured.

And I fail to see how Opeth could be said to sound much like Maiden when even To Bid You Farewell is a far heavier song than anything Maiden ever did.

Opeth is not repetitive at all, something that instantly makes them far from being similar to Maiden, who were a very very anti-progressive and pro-repetition band.

Also, I think that stating that I haven't heard Iron Maiden before is pretty fucking stupid considering that EVERYONE has heard Maiden before.

Yeah right, Dickinson can't sing - that's why so many people call him the voice of metal or the air-raid siren. What an idiot you are.
Opeth may not sound a great deal like Maiden but the influences are VERY clear to anyone who has actually heard Iron Maiden a few times, unlike you. Anyway, the end of Deliverance (the song) is pretty repetitive or have you not heard that either, stupid? Maiden are anti-progressive... Jesus Christ will you stop commenting on a band you CLEARLY know fuck all about? Have you ever heard Hallowed Be Thy Name or Genghis Khan or Infinite Dreams or Phantom of the Opera or Transylvania or Remember Tomorrow (which Opeth covered - oh that's right you didn't know that did you Mr Fucking Expert? LOL!)?

You may have HEARD Maiden, but you obviously haven't LISTENED to them, which explains your ignorance and also explains why you haven't mentioned a single Maiden song title in your idiotic posts.