Morningrise - Opeth's hardest to get into?

I agree that its the hardest to get into.I dont like morningrise much,it amazes me that sound quality in orchid is actually better than morningrise.

Theres something about Orchid and Morningrise that all the other albums dont have, its something beautiful but im not quite sure what it is. When i walk home late at night from my mates houses or when im up the mountains im somehow reminded of songs off these albums...cant explain it but when people say morningrise is Opeth's poorest album i have to disagree. However none of their albums are poor!Cant wait for Watershed!

Opeth for Life!

"Either you like or you don't" is a bit black and white don't you think. Only the Sith deal in absolutes. Said the Jedi absolutely.

Anyway, giving Orchid a 7 is just plain wrong. This album, which contains more awesome melodies, riffs, drumwork than .. most albums.. deserves a fucking 10 for outstanding songwriting, refreshing death metal, taking the first step into progressive territory.. and perhaps a -1 for the production, the few parts that are a bit junky, I has spokeN!

I dont know,personally i feel like Orchid is the beta version of Morningrise. To me the songs on Morningrise are like songs that are meant to be while i often think when listening to Orchid that "in this part they could might as well have put a completely different riff"

i loved this album on first listen. i got mayh before this and found it harder to get into at the time. that was 9 years ago lol.