Morningrise: Just what is the best song?

Best song on Morningrise.

• Advent

Votes: 12 11.0%
  • The Night and the Silent Water

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • Nectar

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • Black Rose Immortal

Votes: 42 38.5%
  • To Bid you Farewell

Votes: 22 20.2%

• Total voters

Alcapoth

S t a r E
Apr 27, 2002
ON, Canada
Visit site
If this thread has been done numerous times before, my greatest apologies go out to everyone....however, Morningrise is perhaps the greatest album I have ever heard, and...it is my curiosity taking a hold of me here, so let's have it...the nearly impossible question shall be asked; "What is the best song on this outstanding album?" Yeah, it'll probably be tough to decide since all 5 are absolute musical masterpieces, but if you must choose one, which would it be?

I gotta go with Black Rose Immortal - this 20 min. epic is truly a sound to behold. The day I stop listening to this song is the day that I....die.....

....so yeah, on to the votes, right?

I'm torn between Black Rose Immortal, Advent and The Night And The Silent Water...

I'll go with Black Rose though... it just seems the most complete... (maybe coz it's 20 fuckin minutes long :p)

I was stuck between Advent and Black Rose Immortal but I went with BRI it provides such an awesome journey.

Advent. Fits together better and I love the riffs. They all have a nice sound to them.

WTF's wrong with you nancy-boy(/Girl.... :p @ Zeanra) people!!? :confused: :mad:

It's gotta be bloody obvious that To Bid You Farewell is the best track off Morningrise, with 'The Night And The Silent Water' and 'Black Rose Immortal' tying for second place. Sheesh, just because a track is long does not neccessarily mean it's good.......

...You people worry me..... :p

The Night And The Silent Water for me.. well it seems most ppl go with Black Rose Immortal cause it's like 6 songs in one :) I think it's a bit overrated anw, although I like it..

Originally posted by Lina

Nice avatar, Alcapoth.

:cool: Thanks!

And, what's up with this "only voting BRI because of its sheer length!?" I'll tell you why, on top of its length it so happens to have the finest lyrics of any Opeth song I have heard, as well, the song truly does have stunning pieces of music such as the "water" intrumental -masterfully composed, as it goes from a dramatic acoustic tune to an all-out powerful distorted tone. How can anyone not get chills down their spine!? It's brilliant! And, when the vocals come in soon after is just utter greatness that words cannot describe (the lyrics and the sound of the voice together combined.)

Another part: The acoustic piece played when the vocals, "Sunbirds leave their dark recesses....shadows glid the archways" is simply stunning! The lyrics only get better - they truly leave a mark on my soul.

I cannot go on....because the length of this song IS what makes the song, true.....but if it was a 20min. song full of utter crap, it just couldn't possibly be memorable to me whatsoever.

No matter what anyone else says, my word stays as is - and, it is MY opinion and many so happen to agree. This song is stunning, and to me, it happens to be the best Opeth song.

That is all....