Anti Virus software

Ermz

¯\(°_o)/¯
Apr 5, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.myspace.com
What antivirus software for PC is the best solution?

I'm sick of AVG corrupting all my honest files, never prompting me that it does and generally just fucking over my experience.

Is there a solution out there that is honest about what it does, runs well, allows you to turn it off etc.?

Cheers.

I have been using Avast lately. It's free which is always a good thing, and it seems to work really nice. It doesn't hog all your resources like Norton does, and updates normally at least once a week. I've never had it corrupt any files but then again all I do on my Windows PC is surf the internet, and play games. Anyway, thats my suggestion.

Yeah....I switched to Mac 1month ago and it's my new antivirus :)
Before the switch, I used Avast (but it recognize some virus after the damage they do....so.....I tried Avira in my girlfriend pc)

Common sense is the best virus protection you can have.
I haven't used any "virus protection" or any such thing for a long, long time.

If you do get a problem, it's good to use online scanners like BitDefender in conjunction with AdAware and Spybot.

I did a fair amount of research on this over the summer when I got my new laptop, and I definitely recommend sucking it up and paying for an internet security suite, rather than getting a bunch of finnicky freeware components (virus scan, spyware, firewall, etc.) And after said research, I settled on Kaspersky Internet Security Suite - it's low on the processor hogging, catches a shitload of stuff, and rules in general! That, SuperAntiSpyware, Spyware Blaster, and A2 (A-squared) have kept my computer running like a champ!

Get F-Secure Internet Security.
F-Secure uses Kaspersky, Hydra, DeepGuard 2.0 and Blacklight to keep your computer clean(So you basically get 5 antivirus / antiadware-programs in one.).
And it may sound like it hogs alot of CPU, but actually, it doesnt, because it kicks the needed "engines" in when it finds a threat.
It also keeps your computer clean from spyware, and can detect if someone is hacking you.