Anti Virus software

I used ESET and Malwarebytes for a while but they let a bunch of shit in.

Now, I've paid for the full Avast and it's been absolutely top notch. Terminates everything before it can even connect and infect.

Sloan said:
If you do get a problem, it's good to use online scanners like BitDefender in conjunction with AdAware and Spybot.

I do this exact thing
It's the way to roll.

Get F-Secure Internet Security.
F-Secure uses Kaspersky, Hydra, DeepGuard 2.0 and Blacklight to keep your computer clean(So you basically get 5 antivirus / antiadware-programs in one.).
And it may sound like it hogs alot of CPU, but actually, it doesnt, because it kicks the needed "engines" in when it finds a threat.
It also keeps your computer clean from spyware, and can detect if someone is hacking you.

I do IT for a university, and we used to use F-Secure. That program DOES suck a LOT of PC power, uninstalling it makes the computer run MUCH MUCH faster.

I don't use any antivirus software on my computers. Never got a virus. Every month or so, I'll run Malwarebytes Antimalware just to make sure.

I do IT for a university, and we used to use F-Secure. That program DOES suck a LOT of PC power, uninstalling it makes the computer run MUCH MUCH faster.

I don't use any antivirus software on my computers. Never got a virus. Every month or so, I'll run Malwarebytes Antimalware just to make sure.

Like I said in my post above, I did full scans with Malwarebytes, AVG, Symantec Online, Spyware S&D, NOD32, and I think I used a demo of Avast or Norton... one after the other and they all came back clean. That ended up not being the case at all.

Just sayin'