antimatter!

no_reply

comfortably numb
Feb 2, 2006
what's their best album? just askin' please i've listened an intro of an 'x' song but my fuckin' browser won't load the whole song.......

Uh-h-h, An-ti-matter... I was kind a wanted to sound like Homer. Though, Antimetter is good, I like Anathema very much, so I was doomed to like Antimatter. I guess the best album is Lights Out. But it would really awesome to hear all of them (there is only three). And if it is the one, then it will be Lights Out.

Alyona said:
where in ukraine are you from Mr. Fahrenheit?

(sorry for hiijacking of the thread)
Hey, know this God fogotten country? I'm from Odessa... You got Russian name, that's strange...

Alyona said:
I'm from Ukraine :p From ivano-frankivsk. haven't been there in years though!
Great, then! Hey, don't you want to chat in ICQ? It could be fun...

no_reply, dude, sorry for that, a little bit out of thread...

Fahrenheit said:

lol no pob, i've got what i was lookin' for thanx:)

Fahrenheit said:

I only have msn... but it'd be lovely to have a chat.

Alyona said:
I only have msn... but it'd be lovely to have a chat.
Okay then... Tomorrow I will add you. It was really nice to meet you!
Damned! With you I have lost my "the angry guy of the forum" amplua...

Hmm, for me it's without a doubt Saviour. Over Your Shoulder, The Last Laugh, Flowers and ESPECIALLY God Is Coming are phenomenal tracks.

Lights Out has one track that is on par with those, and that's "Dream" - amazing song. Other than that, while it is a very good album, it's not quite up there with Saviour.

Now, Planetary Confinement was a bit of a let down, but still love it. Ring of Fire is the best track on there, imo. I guess i'm a sucker for those breathtaking female vocals.

Antimatter rocks!

All three Antimatter albums are excellent, and are definetly on par with each other in terms of greatness.

"Savior" resembles Portishead quite a bit more than the later albums... perhaps in part due to the resemblance in artwork, but it also carries a vibe similar to Anathema's "Alternative 4" to my ears. This album features female vocals almost exclusively, and has the most clinical production of the three albums with the most obvious programmed drums sound.

"Lights Out" is easily the darkest of the three, but perhaps the least consistent. "In Stone" and "The Art of a Soft Landing" are easily my favorite Antimatter tracks, and quite possibly THE most depressing songs I've EVER heard. The second half of the album features alot of filler though. Many of the songs, such as "All That You Know is Wrong" favor Pink Floyd over Portishead, although the dub elements have not completely been thrown away.

"Planetary Confinement" has the most organic sound of the three albums... being the only one to have live drums and focuses less on the keyboard elements; it makes me prominent use of acoustic guitar. The album alternates between Patterson's tracks which all feature female vocals, and Mick Moss's tracks featuring his own vocals... so it's almost as if the album is a split between two similar sounding, yet distinct enough on their own bands. As was mentioned earlier, "Line of Fire" is an amazingly dreary song... just thinking about it makes me want to go to sleep. This album is also the most difficult to draw comparisons to any other band with.

I don't really have a preference among the three albums; all are definetly worth checking out. I hope these descriptions will help you find the one which is most in-line with your tastes!

Lord_Darksoul said:
All three Antimatter albums are excellent, and are definetly on par with each other in terms of greatness.

"Savior" resembles Portishead quite a bit more than the later albums... perhaps in part due to the resemblance in artwork, but it also carries a vibe similar to Anathema's "Alternative 4" to my ears. This album features female vocals almost exclusively, and has the most clinical production of the three albums with the most obvious programmed drums sound.

"Lights Out" is easily the darkest of the three, but perhaps the least consistent. "In Stone" and "The Art of a Soft Landing" are easily my favorite Antimatter tracks, and quite possibly THE most depressing songs I've EVER heard. The second half of the album features alot of filler though. Many of the songs, such as "All That You Know is Wrong" favor Pink Floyd over Portishead, although the dub elements have not completely been thrown away.

"Planetary Confinement" has the most organic sound of the three albums... being the only one to have live drums and focuses less on the keyboard elements; it makes me prominent use of acoustic guitar. The album alternates between Patterson's tracks which all feature female vocals, and Mick Moss's tracks featuring his own vocals... so it's almost as if the album is a split between two similar sounding, yet distinct enough on their own bands. As was mentioned earlier, "Line of Fire" is an amazingly dreary song... just thinking about it makes me want to go to sleep. This album is also the most difficult to draw comparisons to any other band with.

I don't really have a preference among the three albums; all are definetly worth checking out. I hope these descriptions will help you find the one which is most in-line with your tastes!

Oh my god it's amazing to hear you being so serious. I agree about In Stone and Art of a Soft Landing, they're terrific.

cerulean i though u didn't like nu metal ,i saw ur post at animmater forum,hehe,........