Best Album Introduction

What's the best album intro you ever heard from any band? (Preferrably metal, but not confined to just this genre!)
It doesn't matter if it's an intro track, or if it's the first song that starts with an intro, or if you think the first song itself is a perfect intro to the rest of the CD!

I absolutely love Opeth's Prologue of the "My Arms, Your Hearse" album as well as the intro of the "Still Life" openingtrack "The Moor", so wonderful...

Someone know the Austrian band Dornenreich? Their Album "Her von welken Nächten" has a cool intro too ^^

Darkane - Insanity has a pretty wicked intro, the first three songs introduce the album beautifully. Also, Black Sabbath - Vol. 4, the first track perfectly sets the tone for dark atmosphere of the rest of the album.

Hmmmm, at the risk of beriddlement, I would actually have to assert my praise for Emperor's "The Eruption" off of Ihsahn's blindingly overambitious effort, Prometheus, The Discipline of Fire and Demise . It really showcases Ihsahn's loose but adequate knowledge of counterpoint, and how to develop and conclude a fugue and a canon. Although not perfect, I rather enjoy it, especially the seamless segue into the drums, bass, and guitars.

Nice choice, Allan.
I'd go for MDB's "Sear me MCMXCIII". I think it was quite brave of them to make that song the album's opener, but it works perfectly.
"War" from Bolt Thrower's '...for Victory' deserves an honourable mention 'cause it's a great buildup for 'Remembrance'. Every time this one kicks off I bang my head like no tomorrow, so they must have done something right !:headbang:

Thousand Lakes from Amorphis' Tales From the Thousand Lakes.

I had never listened to any metal harder than Metallica before my friend put that album in his stereo. Halfway through the track I knew I had to get that cd, when Thousand Lakes collided w/ the next track (Into Hiding) there was no going back for me. That track was the gateway to all the doom/black/death metal I listen to today.