Best Guitar Moments

Theres always a thread on best songs, but what about those best guitar riffs/licks and overall melodies that really hit a nerve when you hear them..

I rate Anders as perhaps the most influencial guitarest in my collection, towards melody and sophistication within a modern expression..

some of my favourites to kick of then!!

it has to be said.. For My Demons, which was the first song I heard has a fantastic riff that kicks in durring the heavy chorus/intro.. never fails to leave me feeling impressed

My Sweet Nurse.. particularly on the live DVD, the expression that kicks in towards the last singing of the chorus is great, its the way Anders bends the last note that gets me going..

No Good can come of this.... You have to love that resonating sound that somewhat thickens up with a type of feedback during the "No good can come of this, whatsoever I can tell you......."

And last but I have loads more, just not enough time at the moment, Tonights Music, I absolutely love the way the soft intro is repeated heavily in the chorus, it flows beautifully under Jonass vocals..

The interlude near the end of "Sulfur" is one of the best moments in music I have ever heard... It sounds quite untypical for Katatonia and it creates a warm and positive atmosphere...

The chorus part in "Teargas"... Comment necessary?

The crazy pre-outro clean guitar riff in "Evidence" (before "I'm the evidence...") where guitars kinda play against the drums and bass... this is a great example of hidden technical riffs in the Katatonia sound; no poser solos or stuff, decent difficult riffs that support the general sound!

Generally, the leads of both Anders and Fred are timeless: listen to the leads in "Help me disappear", "Teargas", "Instrumental"...

Strained, Brave, Evidence, Instrumental, etc are all masterpieces when it comes to guitar leads, but the track with the most shivering guitarwork lately is for me:

INSIDE THE CITY OF GLASS

there are many great riffs you can pick up...but for example the moment when Katatonia open their gig with the notes of "Ghost of the Sun" is really great!
I also like a lot the beginning of Dispossession, Tonigh´t Music, Chrome and then the guitars in Murder..well the list is so long!

I'd go for
Cold ways
Wealth (this is one of my absolute favorites)
Chrome & many others

All the stuff in "last fair deal" is GREAT GUITAR STUFF...very inspired from this points of view

Hypnos said:
INSIDE THE CITY OF GLASS

x5000

makes me feel all
emotemo4eg.gif

imo..

the tapping part in "Brave" and the intro to "Velvet Thorns (of Drynwhl)" were probably the best riffs from the old era.

as for the new era.. the intro to "right in to the bliss" and "sulfur" breaks my heart.

Impossible to say because each and every song is full of great guitar moments and that's one reason why I love this band! :worship:

But if I should ever happen to fall in a coma then the first seconds of Ghost of the sun would most likely bring me back to life!! Ha, imagine the faces of doctors and nurses when I suddenly jump off from bed and start headbanging... :lol:

The outro to "no devotion". The chorus in "strainded" when the vocals end and the guitar plays a melody similar to the vocals, that part floored me when I heard it. The start of "funeral wedding". The guitar solo in "A darkness coming", it almost sounds like the guitar is crying or something. The outro to "Evidence". The part that starts 1 minuit into "Inside the Fall", thats fucking awesome! The acoustic part in "velvet thorns" and the part after it. The outro to "cold ways". "Gone". I could go on for ages but thats im tired of typing