Kickass Metal Moments

waif

Sep 7, 2007
Montreal
Basically, just some point in a song that, regardless of the rest of the song, album, or band's entire discography, is just fuckin' badass.

No Remorse - Metallica - At the beginning, when Kirk comes in with that screeching lead over the thrashing riff. That moment is basically my ideal for thrash metal.

Slaves Shall Serve - Behemoth - Almost the entire song. :kickass:

Chains And Leather - Running Wild - The chorus. :headbang:

Death in Fire - Amon Amarth - After the solo when the band is playing slow and then they just suddenly go into the main riff and Johan comes back in.

Masters Of War - Amon Amarth - After the chorus when Johan screams "Fire!" and the crazy riff comes in.

Vital Remains - Dechristianize - When the melody comes in over the gallop and the vocals come back.

maiden - fear of the dark(live)
when the crowd starts singing along with the guitar harmony in the middle of the song...

wormed's geodesic dome, 1:50, good for the rawk (and the lulz, when the instruments all stop)

end of slaves shall serve

OPENING OF SCULPTING THE THRONE OV SETH, gah, so fucking epic.

Rather pointless thread, IMO.

How many threads actually have a valid reason for existence?

A few examples:
Metal Apparel (Where do you shop?) - Liek, omigod, that black dahlia murder hoodie just wouldn't go with my uggs
Should Metal Bands Have Samplists? - Answer: No. \thread.
Avenged Sevenfold ticket comp - This is a metal forum.
The last 5-10 albums you listened to - who cares
Poll: Did you have a nu-metal phase - don't ask, don't tell, I say
And my personal favorite:
Announcing the launch of ZEPHYRBLOG!

So I don't see what's so bad about this one.

How many threads actually have a valid reason for existence?

A few examples:
Metal Apparel (Where do you shop?)

People might want to know where people get their stuff, so as for they themselves to buy it. A rather helpful topic, I'd say.

Should Metal Bands Have Samplists?

An interesting question that has raised some good discussion.

The last 5-10 albums you listened to

Knowing what's being listened to by a lot of people is a good way to know what's good. Plus, if you're curious about a certain band/album and you see that someone's listening to it, then you can ask them about that band/album.

Poll: Did you have a nu-metal phase

It's always been an interesting question how people have transitioned into their current state of musical taste.

And my personal favorite:
Announcing the launch of ZEPHYRBLOG!

People on this forum are more likely to read reviews by fellow forumers than any random blog. Plus it's a good way to get insight into more localized metal scenes, as I'm doing right now.

So I don't see what's so bad about this one.

Because it's not a topic that would generate any worthwhile discussion.

Because, like I explained for the 5-10 albums thread, people like to know what people are listening to, since people here are more likely to be listening to what's good. It's a good way to find new bands or ask people how a certain band/album is because you see they are listening to it.