Any Bassists Here?

Thornmoon said:
Glad to see you here!!

Thanks about the 7 string! I just put in my order with Conklin for a custom 8!!! Cant wait until it gets finished!

:loco:

Wow, that's insane! Just promise me you won't end up like Mr. John Turner (owns many conklins-> posts at talkbass and DT)

I hope to get my six string soon. It's taking a hell of a time cuz it's being made overseas. :zzz: I hope to own a seven string someday.....if my income of money will allow it of course.....:err::D

Bassmasta said:
Wow, that's insane! Just promise me you won't end up like Mr. John Turner (owns many conklins-> posts at talkbass and DT)

I hope to get my six string soon. It's taking a hell of a time cuz it's being made overseas. :zzz: I hope to own a seven string someday.....if my income of money will allow it of course.....:err::D

LOL!! Yeah good old John... He's the poster child for unchecked self-indulgence!! No, I dont think I'll ever have a collection to rival his... I have two Groove Tools 7's and the eight on the way.. Maybe one day I'll sell a kidney and buy me another one!!

BTW what kind of 6'er are you getting?

The Groove Tools series are unbeatable for the price.. You can usually pick them up used on eBay for about $500 to $650....

Well right I havn't decided yet, but it's between an Ibanez BTB406QM or a Yamaha TRB-6.

Yeah the GT's are really nice basses, but I don't think I can order it over the net. My parents don't really dig that for some reason.

Maybe I'll sell one of my livers.....I can survive with just one............lol :)

Bassmasta said:
Well right I havn't decided yet, but it's between an Ibanez BTB406QM or a Yamaha TRB-6.

Yeah the GT's are really nice basses, but I don't think I can order it over the net. My parents don't really dig that for some reason.

Maybe I'll sell one of my livers.....I can survive with just one............lol :)
I have a BTB 406QM and for the price, it's a great bass.

My wife is a bass player, has an Ibanez Ergodyne which is a superbly balanced instrument, but the damn thing stinks (Literally, it emits a volatile organic polymer smell that gives me an instant headache if I'm too close to the case when she gets it out!) :yuk:

Pharoah said:
My wife is a bass player, has an Ibanez Ergodyne which is a superbly balanced instrument, but the damn thing stinks (Literally, it emits a volatile organic polymer smell that gives me an instant headache if I'm too close to the case when she gets it out!) :yuk:

LOL!!!!

I've heard that about those luthite basses....

I have an Ibanez EDB 300. It doesn't smell. Ofcourse, I don't play it nearly as much as my Modulus Q5. Oh...I'm also a bass player by the way.

Good stuff liking symphony x and playing the bass. I have yet to learn any of the songs by them. I learned that one part in the Accolade thoguh. I am also new to the forum. Killer.

I don't know how I've managed to miss seeing this thread until now, but I'll go ahead and add my part. :)

I've been playing bass for around 8 years, though I'm not as good as I should be. :) My basses include a Yamaha BBG5S 5-string, which I love, a Dean jumbo body acoustic (4-string), and an Ibanez Iceman (ICB300, 4-string). If you were at ProgPower 2.0, then you would have seen Tony from Balance of Power playing my Iceman. :)

--Mike

been playin for like 4 years,i really suck for that long.i play a warwick corvette 5 bubinga,love the growl.btw i stole my signature from john turner,he used it a couple of years ago on talkbass

I play some. Just picked up a Fender Precision for $100 so I jam along with my kid and not worry about screwing up my National. I damaged my left hand last year, so I'm trying to retrain my fingers. I was good enough to play in bars before, but not much better than that.

Anyone see or try out the new Ernie Ball/Music Man basses at NAMM?
www.ernieball.com/musicman/bongo
www.ernieball.com/musicman/sub
I've been trying to hear what people think of them. I know one uses the Stingray body, but that doesn't tell me anything about sound.

i have been playing bass for almost 7 years and i still suck at it....but i i have an unusual way of playing....i use one finger for speed picking and a lot of pulls and hammer ons....put them all together and i think it sounds great....i have and Alverez 4-string and an ibanez eda series ergodyne(the smelly luthite body lol)i think they both play good as hell....but i hope to get a six or seven string one day if the money is right and can afford a good one

Thornmoon said:
Having played both basses extensively, I'd say go with the Yamaha... A little more expensive, but in my experience.. a much better bass.

Hey there,

Yeah that's what I did! I went in and played on it at the store, and fell in love instantly. And for the price that I got it for (1000 Canadian as opposed to 1700), I think I made a wise decision :) Sounds great, looks great, and feels great.

I hope to get some pics up soon.

Cheers!