Any chance to hire Andy Sneap?

seba_never

Death Metaller
Oct 22, 2006
Southern Poland, EU
www.never.pl
Hi,

Does anyone know if there's a possibility to hire Andy for mix and mastering for actually unsigned band?
I tried to contact him twice (2 e-mails) and ... no reply.

Maybe I should know some tip&tricks on how to "force" Andy to do this?
I must add that money doesn't count! :)

not wanting to sound mean, but I'm really struggling to find time to work with all the signed bands I want to, so.....

I understand. That's obvious. But... thers's no hurry... We can wait...

The thing is that we know that if we don't have crushing sound of our next album (meaning that if we don't work with you ;) ) we will not get signed...

...and if we don't get signed we will not work with you...
Shit! Twisting reality or something...

Andy... and one more question: how many days/hours do you need to mix/master 10 songs (previously multitrack recorded). About 50 minutes of music?

A good sound is not the only thing that will get you signed. There's a lot of other factors involved. A good A&R dude (and some rubbish ones too) can usually hear a band's potential on something that was recorded on a boombox if their songs are strong enough.

Hard work, lots of gigs, and being in the right place at the right time is what it tends to come down to. Having a few mates in the industry never hurt anyone either.

A good sound is not the only thing that will get you signed. There's a lot of other factors involved.

Yes. You are right... but I suppose that only good, cushing sound is missing now. Everything is set, composed, arranged etc ...

We want to give the record labels full, profesionally recorded, mixed and mastered album. Ready to release. We don't want anyone to pay for us. Just for the start....

Also, Andy is not the only person who can make good recordings. ;) Infact, I'm sure there are two or three other people on this board who could make you a "crushing" recording.

Also, Andy is not the only person who can make good recordings. ;) Infact, I'm sure there are two or three other people on this board who could make you a "crushing" recording.

No doubt that there are others who know what and how...
But our music for the next album is similar (in a way) to recordings of Kreator, Arch Enemy ....and when I listen to the CDs of those bands mixed and mastered by Andy I have no more questions and no comments!!! I want him to do this for us! No matter the price! ...

But I'm not from the moon and I know that's more than almost impossible...
And so what? ... Miracles happen!
I can be his shoe polisher, a dog, a slave, WC cleaner or whatever... ;) ;P ;P

Haha, thanks a million Oz & Symbolic !!! :)
Seba, check out www.myspace.com/towerstudio (new clips from latest productions : To-Mera, Hypno5e and Auspex coming soon...)
To-Mera have the sound the music calls for, doesn't mean this is the sound I'll "give" to everyband of course. That being said, I agree that noone can beat Andy, but forget it it just won't happen I'm afraid unless, like you know it already, you get signed on a big label willing to pay the bill and Andy loves your music... Or maybe if you throw a million euros on the table (and even though)... But that's a lot of "if" ;)

Haha, thanks a million Oz & Symbolic !!! :)
Seba, check out www.myspace.com/towerstudio

I've already checked it man...

well, to many "ifs" - that's right... but I must be a stupid jerkoff 'coz my personal anthem sounds like "Have it all or have nothing" or another one "Fuck compromises" ;) ;):lol:

I'm sure we'll get back to this very thread (about mixing/mastering) with you in April 2007 when we finish our recordings.

BTW ...can you send me your rates and all information that I should know via e-mail? I'm interested in mixing and final mastering of 10-11 songs (they say it's technical death metal style). Please include info on what format of multitrack recording do you accept (Cubase? Pro Tools? Logic Audio or maybe something else? etc...)

Huge thanx