Any fresh music to share ?

LeSedna

Mat or Mateo
Jan 20, 2008
Montpellier, France
Hello :)

I have not followed 2014 so much, I would love to listen to something new, I haven't felt like listening throughout a whole discography in a year or more. I realized I needed something new when I saw a gipsy jazz band perform in a jazz bar last week, where I have simply been blown aways by the guitarist which had a level I have rarely ever witnessed live, at all speeds and in all styles.

Do you have littles gems to propose ? Any kind of music, as long as it is either catchy, well made, or simply fresh. Electronic, OST, pop, rap, zen, metal of course !

Been rockin this Will Putney album. Super bad lyrics but hey, KILLER riffs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never was a fan of Opeth but now I am discovering their discography. I must say that all the hype around them it´s somehow justified. If there are something in metal that makes a difference and tries to reach different levels of composition, this is one of the bands that you should give some atention if you dont know them yet.

Anyway, let me shoot some bands and albuns that deserve a listen.

Eletronic:
Hybrid - Wider Angle

Post Rock:
God Is An Astronaut - The End Of The Beginning
Long Distance Calling - Avoid The Light

Metal
Katatonia - Night is The New Day
Haken - The Mountain
The Gathering - Mandylion
Paul Wardingham - Assimilate, Regenerate
Words Of Farewell - The Black Wild Yonder
Be'lakor - Of Breath and Bone
Mutiny Within - Synchronicity
Textures - Silhouettes
Throes of Dawn - Quicksilver Clouds

I think all this albuns are great in their own styles.

not really new, pretty awesome though...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q0-jOmRIV0&list=FLtHWICBoy_iyCPnXi0cKyLA&index=6"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Q0-jOmRIV0&list=FLtHWICBoy_iyCPnXi0cKyLA&index=6[/ame]

Maybe I'm crazy but most of what I've been listening to lately is the new Mastodon and a lot of Phantogram.

i really wish conquering dystopia would add some power metal vocals ala nevermore. they are awesome but they could really benefit from a good vocalist.