any good new bands to listen to?

Whiplash402

Supreme Ruler
Sep 29, 2005
Illinois
lately i have been a little burnt out on new metal music.

any suggestions on some new bands i could get into? please not any hardcore or death metal garbage

That depends on what kinda metal you like.

Symphony X is great (although not new) if you're into progressive/symphonic/power.
In that same vein, Seventh Wonder is awesome and a relatively new band.

That's really all I got. A lot of new metal is garbage.

lately i have been a little burnt out on new metal music.

any suggestions on some new bands i could get into? please not any hardcore or death metal garbage

Try Evergrey's In Search of Truth...I highly recommend it...it may interest you in the rest of their catalog.

I like Into Eternity's Buried In Oblivion.

Jag Panzer is pretty cool...good solid metal...great guitar work...not over the top power metal nonsense. The Fourth Judgment is my current favorite...stunning lead guitar work by Joey Tafolla.

As someone else suggested, Symphony X is cool...they're latest Paradise Lost is a good place to start...a little heavier and less proggy than their other works.

I'm super picky...if that helps...good luck...it's hard to find really good stuff anymore.

If you are looking for new THRASH bands, I`d absolutely go and check Evile or Fueled by fire. Also Violator from Brazil or Overcast from greece. I can name you a lot, but you`ll be fine with those 4.

That depends on what kinda metal you like.

Symphony X is great (although not new) if you're into progressive/symphonic/power.
In that same vein, Seventh Wonder is awesome and a relatively new band.

That's really all I got. A lot of new metal is garbage.
i did some listening to symphony X, i really dig that stuff.
reminds me alot of dream theater:headbang:

Check out Maylene and the Sons of Disaster: (they are like a cross between Pantera and Dillenger Escape Plan)

Last edited by a moderator:
Airbourne (AC/DC'ish)
Hellfueled (Ozzy'ish)
Fireball Ministry
Black Stone Cherry
Abandoned
Warbringer ("new" classic thrash)
Seemless

Twisted Tower Dire
Tad Morose
Communic

...and I second Symphony X. Kickass stuff.

Here's another Maylene track, these guys really rock:headbang::

Last edited by a moderator: