Any "New wave of American Heavy Metal" bands I should check out?

you might try Arch Enemy - they took me back to 1985 when I saw them. Wish the chick would sing\yell instead of growl. The music is good, the chick is hott and the singing NOT!!!

From what I heard of Shadows Fall I liked. You might pick up Damage Plan if you haven't already.

tattooedsean666 said:
none of the bands mentioned in this post are worth the piece of gum that gets stuck to your shoe when you stand around in a stadium for a couple of hours.

Sad sad state. I won't go into an old school is better than new school tirade. I do think there are awesome new metal bands. They just aren't any of these bands that are being showcased on headbanger's ball .

Lamb of god are just trying to be pantera with different vocals to appease to the red neck section of old pantera fans.

shadows fall is just boring.

killswitch engage are just one of the many metalcore bands.

Then again, I have never been a huge fan of straight ahead metal. I would much go for thrash, death, black, grind, gore, prog, and power metal over the simplistic rock that bands like pantera or the bands that are coming up these days that worshipped them. I think it wasn't even their music more than the 75% of their fans that were big muscle bound steroed hicks that love to start fights in pits. Those are the same type people that go gaga over Ozzfest:ill:
say what you want but pro-pain keeps it real. oh and also fireball ministry is pretty cool.
-Jono-

tattooedsean666 said:
none of the bands mentioned in this post are worth the piece of gum that gets stuck to your shoe when you stand around in a stadium for a couple of hours.

Sad sad state. I won't go into an old school is better than new school tirade. I do think there are awesome new metal bands. They just aren't any of these bands that are being showcased on headbanger's ball .

Lamb of god are just trying to be pantera with different vocals to appease to the red neck section of old pantera fans.

shadows fall is just boring.

killswitch engage are just one of the many metalcore bands.

Then again, I have never been a huge fan of straight ahead metal. I would much go for thrash, death, black, grind, gore, prog, and power metal over the simplistic rock that bands like pantera or the bands that are coming up these days that worshipped them. I think it wasn't even their music more than the 75% of their fans that were big muscle bound steroed hicks that love to start fights in pits. Those are the same type people that go gaga over Ozzfest:ill:

First time I posted on this board but this strikes a nerve with me. Sorry TS, but Shadows Fall is a good, new, modern, thrash band. Have you listened to them? Great riffs, great solos, awesome drumming! The singer does scream a little to much and the lyric writing can get better but these guys smoke! I think this band will become the next Metallica. Not the shitty Metallica we know now, but as in the underground. I like them alot and I'm no young dude! :D

Sgt-D said:
Nevermore's fuckin' cool... Wait a minute, they're not new. Check 'em out, anyway.

Fucking right Nevermore are cool. Can't wait for July when their new album comes out, from all early reviews its their best since Dead Heart in a Dead World.

you should have known better than to ask a bunch of old schoolers about new bands. you got the typical reply. maybe you should go on the shadows fall board and ask you'd probley get more help. also that coment about rednecks was pretty choice. you should bring your yankee ass down here sometime so we can show you some good old southern hospitality. i bet if your car was broken down this way all us rednecks would be your friends real fast.

tattooedsean666 said:

haha :headbang:

Mastodon, Trivium, bloodsimple and there's a band I've only heard one song from called High on Wire...I think... the song is called "Deviloution". Good stuff Maynard! Also, Darkest Hour and Devildriver.:cool: