which of these bands should I try first: Primordial or Agollach?

NineFeetUnderground said:
but definitely stay the fuck away from primordial...beyond overrated slop. listen to "in the woods" or "schaliach" instead. much better bands of that ilk.

I think In the Woods is quite overrated too - I don't think I've really seen a negative review about it, and they aren't that amazing either(some of their songs go on for way too long).

i bought the gathering wilderness when it came out and fell asleep during my first listen. they seem very serious about their music though, so they get some cookies from me.

spigot said:
I think In the Woods is quite overrated too - I don't think I've really seen a negative review about it, and they aren't that amazing either(some of their songs go on for way too long).

right, but before you go any further, i do just want to bring to your attention that you are indeed listening to Atari teenage riot. kthx

a rofl nazi said:
in the woods' first album is awesome
all In The Woods albums are awesome. each one different from the others but still brilliant in its own uniqueness.

Primordial is quite different. you cannot compare them to ITW. nevertheless all Primordial albums are great aswell. 'Spirit The Earth Aflame', 'Gathering Wilderness' and 'Journeys End' are unreachable masterpieces. but fact is, this band is not for everyone. their music is often repetitive and droning. you have to like this kind of music to fully appreciate Primordial.

hibernal_dream said:
If you have to choose between those two, check out Agalloch first but keep in mind Primordial is the better band.

like that is just saying a whole lot anyway. both bands are easily forgotten by someone with half a brain. primordial is true slop however.