Any guitar players in here?

The Nevermoron

New Metal Member
Apr 4, 2006
If so, name some of your influences and favorite players.
Here are some of mine:
George Lynch
Joe Satriani
Jeff Loomis
Neal Schon
Phil Keaggy
Nuno Bettencourt
Jeff Waters
Dimebag
The H-Team from Exodus
Judas Priest (especially Glenn and K.K.'s work on Painkiller)
C.C. Deville.......................just kidding.:p
Reb Beach
Megadeth era Marty Friedman
and many more

I dont play much metal on guitar anymore, mostly classical.

Paco De Lucia
Al Di Meola
John Mclaughlin
Larry Cordell
Chris Broderick
Jeff Loomis
John Levasseur
Wata
Uli John Roth

lizard said:
lol

I would be interested in hearing what he's up to these days. any recommendation?

as in his solo stuff? Well his "Metamorphasis" solo CD is my favorite by far for sure, came out in 2003. Its 2 CD's, the first being Uli with his sky Orchestra performing the entire four seasons suite by vivaldi. The second is his Metamorphasis composition, which is essentially something he wrote as a continuance of the four seasons. The whole CD is just beautiful, he plays like no other thats for sure. Really awesome packaging too, crazy booklet with 64 pages filled with elaborate illustrations and photos. So yea, I voice my supreme recommendation for that release heh.

latest_releases_1.jpg

My main influences to get started were Black Label Society and Pantera but now that I've gotten better I've been playing a lot of Nevermore and Opeth, among lots of other shit. Need a damned 7 string.

Wow - you guys have great taste in guitarists.....

I've been playing for 20 years now. I play a little blues, classic rock, hard rock, some classical, acoustic fingerpicking stuff, thrash, death, speed and grind metal. Here are some of my main influences in chronological order -

Ace Frehley
Chris Dabaldo (from Saliva, friend from high school)
James Hetfield
KK/Jeff H.
Scott Ian
Mille Petrozza
Eddie Van Halen (better late than never!)
Dave Mustaine
Jimmy Page
Chris Long (Santa Barbara legend - high school friend)
Eric Petersen/Alex Skolnick
Wilton/De Garmo from the 'Ryche
Slash
Dimebag
Marty Friedman
Chuck Schuldiner
Jerry Cantrell
Chris Cornell/Kim Thayil
James Murphy
Bill Steer
Trey Azagthoth
Terence Hobbs
Rob Flynn
Jack Owen/Rob Barrett
Dino Cazares
Head and Munky (that's right)
Stephen Carpenter (that's right)
Fredrik Thordendal
Jimi Hendrix (better late than never!)
Jeff Loomis
John Kempainen/Brian Eschbach from BDM

Yeah, I don't really play much metal guitar anymore either. But my influences:
Django Reinhardt
Wes Montgomery
Joe Pass
John Petrucci
Jeff Loomis
Mikael Akerfeldt
the guys from Tenhi (their names escape me at the moment)

there's probably some others, but that's the jist of it

I listen to a lot of music but the only musicians that i can see have a real effect on my style and playing are Alexi Laiho, Michael Romeo and Jani Liimatainen and a little bit of Zakk Wylde.

En Vind Av Sorg said:
as in his solo stuff? Well his "Metamorphasis" solo CD is my favorite by far for sure, came out in 2003. Its 2 CD's, the first being Uli with his sky Orchestra performing the entire four seasons suite by vivaldi. The second is his Metamorphasis composition, which is essentially something he wrote as a continuance of the four seasons. The whole CD is just beautiful, he plays like no other thats for sure. Really awesome packaging too, crazy booklet with 64 pages filled with elaborate illustrations and photos. So yea, I voice my supreme recommendation for that release heh.

I am not a guitar player, just an ex-singer, but I appreciate a lot of excelletn guitarists and one of them is Uli. He is one of my favs. I think is is probably one of the greatest guitar players in the world. I love listening to those early Scorpion albums that he was on, just amazing. I have FireWind, Earthquake and Transcendetl Sky Guitar. They are all awesome. I will have to pick up the one you mentioned. Thx for that.

metalkingdom! :headbang: Cantrell and Cornell rule!!!

mine are varied:
Jerry Cantrell
Kim Thayil
Mark Arm
Mark Lanegan
Stone Gossard
Bruce Fairweather
Mikael Akerfeldt
Peter Lindgren
Dimebag Darrell
Kerry King
John Petrucci
Marty Friedman
and so many more!

robert fripp
frank zappa
larry lalonde

edit: forgot to mention Jim Martin, Adam Jones , and most importantly, John Christ