Any Happy Reaper fans here?....

ah yes the sony vegas rip off....
One thing reaper users cant do.....

Shut the fuck up ;)

(i jest... its pretty cool... dont flame me)

yeah I've been using reaper for about 9-10 months and I love it. I use pro tools in college and find I prefer reaper in alot of areas. I use the default skin- its works great for me! A thing I hear people complian about is the lack of an editor, but I do all my editing in reaper- the fade system in it rocks and its very easy to get fast with the keyboard shortcuts.

A lot of professional engineers and recordists are under the false assumption that Macs are perfect - that they don't crash and don't have issues; which is patent bullshit - and trying to tell them that they could've gotten the same thing for much less money, they get defensive because they don't want to see that they've spent money they need not have spent.

And so they perpetuate the myth that Macs are perfect - some even claim that Macs are "designed for media" (more bullshit) - and create a little fanclub in the process.

The rest is advertising and lack of critical thought on the part of the viewers of advertising.

But hey.... this is all coming across so judgemental, and I don't mean it like that - it's just my observations.

Or they can just afford it. Macs are not prefect. Nothing is perfect. In my opinion there better(os). I have 6 macs (Just about every room has one), none have crashed yet. My old G3 is still running. In fact! in my long history with them I've never had one crash. I have seen other people's crashed Mac, so it can happen. I also have 3 PC's. What can I say? I just don't like windows (feels ancient already). You just have to be to dam careful or things can go horribly wrong.

As for spending money "they need not have spent". I see it that way when someone goes to a bar/nightclub and blows $300+ and tells me it was worth it. So you see.... it's subjective.

Reaper I here nothing but good things about.(aside from GUI preferences) Hopefully they will get it working properly on Mac. I must say I love Logic. This is mostly because I've been using it since early ver 4. I am very comfortable in it as you can imagine.

To each there own of course. But don't assume all Mac users are dazzled by commercials and advertisement. I don't watch TV, don't read the paper or magazines. I pick it based on experience with both.

Yep, I'm the first to admit Macs have the more stable OS, I just didn't buy one because so many of my favorite programs are PC-only, and an equivalent (usually by a different company) on a Mac is way more money. IoW, Macs are great for those who can afford 'em, but I'll stick to my $50 Reaper and my <$100 (each) Voxengo Plugs!

Hahahahaha, THIS from a Mac user? Come on dude, you have NO ground to stand on with that :heh: :lol:

Plus fucking one :lol:

The themes you posted are nice, but still not quite what I like. I'm really picky with this since I've been using Cubase for something like six years now and I'm really used to the look and feel.

And Metaltastic, thanks for pointing out the ctrl+scroll, I feel like a moron for missing that :D But then again, no-one in the #reaper IRC channel told me that when I asked if it was possible to default the track height. Bastards!

The themes you posted are nice, but still not quite what I like. I'm really picky with this since I've been using Cubase for something like six years now and I'm really used to the look and feel.

+1.

MIDI is very very barebones in it, and functions very awkwardly compared to other DAWs.

How do you mean, though? I mean, for my purposes (programming drum and keyboard parts) it works fine; just double click my stuff into the piano roll, insert my VSTi, shabam!

just double click my stuff into the piano roll, insert my VSTi, shabam!

Even with just one Click! just set it up on the piano roll options menu.

Im really happy with Reaper, im starting to using it more for programing drums for my demos and im planning to go deeper on it because im planning to build my little studio soon :headbang:

Or they can just afford it. Macs are not prefect. Nothing is perfect. In my opinion there better(os). I have 6 macs (Just about every room has one), none have crashed yet. My old G3 is still running. In fact! in my long history with them I've never had one crash. I have seen other people's crashed Mac, so it can happen. I also have 3 PC's. What can I say? I just don't like windows (feels ancient already). You just have to be to dam careful or things can go horribly wrong.

As for spending money "they need not have spent". I see it that way when someone goes to a bar/nightclub and blows $300+ and tells me it was worth it. So you see.... it's subjective.

Reaper I here nothing but good things about.(aside from GUI preferences) Hopefully they will get it working properly on Mac. I must say I love Logic. This is mostly because I've been using it since early ver 4. I am very comfortable in it as you can imagine.

To each there own of course. But don't assume all Mac users are dazzled by commercials and advertisement. I don't watch TV, don't read the paper or magazines. I pick it based on experience with both.

Who's assuming anything? I work for an audio software company, and I've had direct experience of everything I said. That doesn't mean to say there aren't people also like you, but for the most part, the Mac users I've encountered know very little about computers, how they work, and how to fix issues. They tend to be harder to work with than PC users.

So when I get a support request for our software from a Mac user, and they don't even know how to use Grab to make a screenshot, I get a little "eye-rolly" admittedly.

I actually don't think Mac OSX or Windows is more stable than the other though - both are prone to crashes. But both, when kept off the internet and when kept well maintained, perform excellently! For my money though, I prefer the aesthetic of Windows classic in WinXP over OSX.

Conversely, OSX feels clunky and ancient to me, add to the fact that you can't do certain things that are common sense - like merging folders with the same names.

This is all my subjective opinion, so no need to flame me for judging all Mac users the same or anything, because I haven't.

Who's assuming anything? I work for an audio software company, and I've had direct experience of everything I said. That doesn't mean to say there aren't people also like you, but for the most part, the Mac users I've encountered know very little about computers, how they work, and how to fix issues. They tend to be harder to work with than PC users.

So when I get a support request for our software from a Mac user, and they don't even know how to use Grab to make a screenshot, I get a little "eye-rolly" admittedly.

I actually don't think Mac OSX or Windows is more stable than the other though - both are prone to crashes. But both, when kept off the internet and when kept well maintained, perform excellently! For my money though, I prefer the aesthetic of Windows classic in WinXP over OSX.

Conversely, OSX feels clunky and ancient to me, add to the fact that you can't do certain things that are common sense - like merging folders with the same names.

This is all my subjective opinion, so no need to flame me for judging all Mac users the same or anything, because I haven't.

I think you misunderstood me a little bit or I you. Thats ok. I sure wasn't trying to flame you or anything of the like. In my experience Mac OS X is safe on the internet. No problem yet, on 24 hours a day with no "protection software". Now Windows on the net is a different story gotta be careful or avoid it all together if using your PC/DAW. Some of us use what we call common sense. The problem is sometimes the same sense is not so common to another person.

I think you will find that most people be it Mac or Win don't know much about computers.