Any Hints for new Testament album?

Hmm I think Metal Mike should play leads on the new album, maybe Alex some guest solo but most of them Metal Mike(if he will gonna stay in the lineup), this will prevent situation that happen with Steve Smith he was in Testament during recording FSSD and we don`t have any official record with Stefek...

JimmyPL said:
Hmm I think Metal Mike should play leads on the new album, maybe Alex some guest solo but most of them Metal Mike(if he will gonna stay in the lineup), this will prevent situation that happen with Steve Smith he was in Testament during recording FSSD and we don`t have any official record with Stefek...

You do have to remember that Alex Skolnick was the one who ORIGINALLY recorded the solo's on the first two Testament albums(The Legacy,The New Order) and so why would Testament ask Steve Smythe to re-record the old solo's that Alex wrote? I'm sure Steve Smythe understood the situation being Alex was in the band many many many(9 years) before him.And him at the time anyways was the lead guitarist for Testament which obviously didnt last.I think just as long as Chuck and Eric are there is all that matters as of right now.

www.deceptionmetal.com

Harmonicminor1210 said:
You do have to remember that Alex Skolnick was the one who ORIGINALLY recorded the solo's on the first two Testament albums(The Legacy,The New Order) and so why would Testament ask Steve Smythe to re-record the old solo's that Alex wrote? I'm sure Steve Smythe understood the situation being Alex was in the band many many many(9 years) before him.And him at the time anyways was the lead guitarist for Testament which obviously didnt last.I think just as long as Chuck and Eric are there is all that matters as of right now.

www.deceptionmetal.com
Yeah I remember, but you know, Christian was in the band even longer than Alex if you want to go in that way...and I think Steve understood it very well, I love to hear that album with Skolnick, he did great job, but I think that if Steve was in the band he could play at least one solo, but what the hell I don`t complaining my point was new album... so for me if Alex isn`t supposed to join the band he shouldn`t play lead guitar parts on the new album, even if he`s the master(surely he is)... that`s my point of view...

My point of view

I LOOOVE FSSD - i LOOOOVE Alex work there:worship: :worship:

and i understand why Alex is on that one

but ... Stefek was in the band during this period - and he is soooo fuckin' talented ... and i just can't think any other way - i WOULD DIE TO HEAR HIS INTERPRETATIONS OF ALEX SOLOS

hearing Alex playing DotW solo 100% diffrent from the original ... KICK ASS:worship:

but i just wanted to hear Stefek on some official Testament release

now ...everybody says ... bring Alex,James, Glen back

Those guys ... i would piss my pants to hear them on the new T LP ....but if you ask me who should record the leads and become full-time T member
..the answer (my answer) is METAL MIKE CHLASCIAK

seen/heard him live .... and he is the man for the job.PERIOD

JimmyPL said:
Yeah I remember, but you know, Christian was in the band even longer than Alex if you want to go in that way...and I think Steve understood it very well, I love to hear that album with Skolnick, he did great job, but I think that if Steve was in the band he could play at least one solo, but what the hell I don`t complaining my point was new album... so for me if Alex isn`t supposed to join the band he shouldn`t play lead guitar parts on the new album, even if he`s the master(surely he is)... that`s my point of view...

Either way Alex wrote those solos that were orginally recorded on those first two albums. No offense to Smythe but I wouldnt wanna hear him on a re-recording(over Skolnick,who would?!( of old Testament songs.Because he had no hand in writing those songs originally even though he was in the band at the time.Now he's not so oh well guess we'll find out till when the new cd is finished although I have a feeling Murphy will be back at least to play on a few songs.I always thought he was the best replacement TESTAMENT ever had when Skolnick left.He actually played on albums thats why and did a damn good job on all of them!Smythe,Alvalais(I dont count demonic those arent solos to me)and whoever else in my eyes has been and always were hired guns not to take anything away from them.Which is what Metal Mike is although he is probably the best man to fill Skolnicks and Murphys shoes he is one of the cleanest live players I have ever witnessed!

Glen Alvelais was an incrediblely talented hired gun , and tore it up live. I've seen that guy play Skolnick's solos to the T, note for note. I wouldn't mind seeing Testament w/ Glen again someday. I think Testament has done a great job of picking lead guitarists to fill Skolnick's place. James Murphy being my favorite so far, because his solos on Low are paramount.

Harmonicminor1210 said:
Either way Alex wrote those solos that were orginally recorded on those first two albums. No offense to Smythe but I wouldnt wanna hear him on a re-recording(over Skolnick,who would?!( of old Testament songs.Because he had no hand in writing those songs originally even though he was in the band at the time.Now he's not so oh well guess we'll find out till when the new cd is finished although I have a feeling Murphy will be back at least to play on a few songs.I always thought he was the best replacement TESTAMENT ever had when Skolnick left.He actually played on albums thats why and did a damn good job on all of them!Smythe,Alvalais(I dont count demonic those arent solos to me)and whoever else in my eyes has been and always were hired guns not to take anything away from them.Which is what Metal Mike is although he is probably the best man to fill Skolnicks and Murphys shoes he is one of the cleanest live players I have ever witnessed!

It's SMYTH, not Smythe; and ALVELAIS, not Alvalais.

:rolleyes:

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Eric can shred? FUCK! He's my all time favourite rhythm guitarist/riff meister/song writer but can he like, actually shred? By shred I'm talking Steve Vai, Yngwie Malmsteen type guitar playing...

If he can't I don't really care 'cause his rhythms are so slammin' they don't need leads! :headbang:

Steve Vai is amazing. Nice to know that someone else can mention his name. He is a god!

And Yes, Eric does Shred and so does Smyth!

Its nice to hear some news about eric and the band I was just wondering how the song writing is going. I was just wondering if they have only six songs done or if they have more then just six done.

recorded? or just on paper either way the songs are going to be great.thanks for the reply by the way harmonicminor.