Any info about the next album Mikael?

"I'm thinking the next album will be a concept album, and black metal. I can assure you this - it will be the heaviest thing you've ever heard" - Mikael, Lamentations

Don't ask for information too soon.

CAIRATH said:
I hope Mikael will be wise enough to not say anything about it at all because there will just be an army of retarded fanboys who completely misinterpret what he says and then end up complaining about it on the forum when the album finally comes out sounding completely different to what they had expected.

Pretty much like what happened with Ghost Reveries, basically.
i think id rather have information that is wrong so wen it does come out it will be all unexpected what it sounds like, rather than that just knowing what its going to be like, and thinking well thay was expected.

if I remember right from interviews, Opeth is touring all year, and will have a break in early 2007... this is the window where the writing of the new album and the collaboration with Wilson and Portnoy is all most likely

and as for what the new album is going to sound like, Mike probably doesn't even know himself until he starts writing

bring back the e-bows?! isolation years was absolutely DRENCHED in e-bow.

I want them in the heavy songs on the background to add eerie atmospheres on top of crushing riffs.

I'd like to see Mikael get deeper into his progressive side. His clean vocals are too good to be forgotten. I'm not saying an entire "Damnation" album, I think he should incorporate more heavy songs with only clean vocals. I would like to see some seriously heavy shit though too. Whatever Mike does will be awesome anyway. I can't wait for the SW/Portnoy/Mikael project. Cannot go wrong with a group like that! I'm not a huge Dream Theater fan, but you can't take away anything from Portnoy's ability to play his instrument.

Heres to great music in the future! :kickass:

TheApostle

i said this befor i think there should be a track maby with all or mostly clean vocals, after 8 albums there isnt a realy heavy song will all clean vocals excluding AFJ, the clostest was HForest

Pethical said:
would you believe he has a life outside of opeth? no, i wouldn't either.
would you believe you have a life outside of opeth? no, i wouldn't either

..to be frank.. what the fuck does it matter at this moment in time?

There's tons of albums you can listen to. Opeth aren't the only good band around.