any metal song ever made you cry ?

Oh man, Anathema's "Judgement"...
I am speechless when it comes to that album's tremendous power... It was one of the first "underground" albums I heard and I was totally blown away by it I didn't know what to think...
Ironically it was the last album I heard in 2001!!

"Don't You Forget About Me" by Simple Minds... that's a great tune!... though I forgot who originally wrote it, the Minds' cover is awesome

Closest I have ever come to crying, listening to any music, was when I heard Barthrums Melancholy, Infinity, Agony from the album Saatana.

Forged in fire by Anvil made me cry! :D kidding!

OMNIO by In The Woods, really makes me sad!
hmmm...
many more songs to add to that. I am just lazy now!

Originally posted by Hearse
I don't think I'v ever cried with music, but there are many songs that was blown my mind of. Usually when I listen good music, like Opeth, Therion, Dark Tranquillity etc. I listen to it with my whole soul, trying to suck it all in me, and that's amazing feeling.

yea man ...i know that feeling, when you're listening to something and like ....you ambrace that moment and kinda feel as if nothing can spoil it.....yup ...i get that feeling when i listen to slipknot .........:D lol...just kidding...

...Cannibal Corpse, Cradle of Filth, Nile, Deicide, Dimmu Borgir.

Most Death/Black bands make me cry.

:D :D

I wish music could effect me that much. Sometimes I tend to get somewhat mesmerized by the music, I really feel and not just hear it, exactly like Hearse wrote. But maybe it's better this way :p

a great deal of songs can me cry,especially when i am in a depressive mood..
I usually cry with Anathema's "eternity",some In the woods... songs,Madder mortem's "Misty sleep" ,Hypocrisy's "slippin' away" and some opeth parts/sons from "morningrise" and even with 'april ethereal". I have even cried while listening to at the gates (from "gardens of grief" )...

Only one songs has the power to automatically change my mood from super-happy to deeply sad...that song is Skyclad's "Constance Eternal"...The first time i listened to this song i burst into tears without actually knowing why..and it is been that way every time i listen to this song (and that's why i aboid listening to it)....maybe it is because it is so overwhelming....
:eek:

Originally posted by Lina
and there are tons of songs where i've gotten tears in my eyes because the music was just so intense or beautiful -- not necessarily because i'm sad. usually accompanied by goosebumps. aagghhh, wonderful!

This is generally how music gets to me - it's not about reminding me of a sad time, or that a sad image comes to mind while listening to music. It is about the emotional content of the piece itself. It can get so intense, that I can find myself clenching my fist, gritting my teeth, and have that "welling up" feeling in my eyes.

There is one non-metal song that highlights the "sad" emotion of listening to music for me - Oh Father by Madonna. That song just brings me to my knees.

"any metal song ever made you cry ?"

Nope.

...though, I think ten years from now or so, when I pop in MAYH and hear Akerfeldt's cookie monster growls again, I'll recall everything-- about this board, about the conditions and circumstances surrounding my life now, and, at last, I'll break down and cry listening to music.

Paled empty Spheres by hypocrisy, Benighted by youknowwho, Alvsatar (The Oath) by emperor, Trail of Tears by testament, anything by CoF (and not for the right reasons-they suck so bad it's like aural torture).

Death's Voice of the Soul. It's just so beautiful.
Death - Crystal Mountain when the acoustic guitar gets in.
Death - Perennial Quest when there's only the acoustic guitar and the lead guitar playing.
Cathedral's version of Black Sabbath's Solitude. It was just so bleak and moody.
Blind Guardian's Thorns.