Any "new" Old School releases worth checking out?

I'm totally the same @requiem . There are some bands that I see raved and talked about that for whatever reason, I just drag my feet checking them out.

Maybe my brain is protecting me because it knows I'll go on a shopping spree!

I'm totally the same @requiem . There are some bands that I see raved and talked about that for whatever reason, I just drag my feet checking them out.

Maybe my brain is protecting me because it knows I'll go on a shopping spree!

Well that's the thing - when I realised Blind Guardian were amazing I thought I'd check out how many albums they had out to buy them all... then went "oh shit...". These days I have a hard enough time keeping up with all the releases of my staple bands without checking out new things, especially as most of the bands I was listening to 20 years ago are still releasing albums (Paradise Lost, My Dying Bride, Moonspell, Amorphis etc). There's only a finite amount of time (and ye$, money!) for newcomers.

This just happened to me with Saxon and Iron Maiden kinda. I have a lot of their stuff, but they have those CD releases where, once put in chronological order, the CD spine forms a picture. It was too cool not to look for and buy! Haha

Reactions: Wyvern