Any of you guys tracking bands in embarrassingly small rooms?

professorlamp

I are Joe
Nov 2, 2009
Wales, United Kingdom
Nearly all of the people I get in have a slight drop of the face when they see where they're tracking (my bedroom, I'll admit its unproffesional but im going to use the excuse of being a student)
Whilst in Uni I have access to a decent room for tracking but that place gets closed for the summer for repairs/maintenance etc...
But in afew days when I have a pretty good mix going and show them a sample I know they think it was worth it in the end.

Just to clarifty I think my floor space is 7 by 5 foot :D

Any similair people? surely the lower budget guys can chime in

Nearly all of the people I get in have a slight drop of the face when they see where they're tracking (my bedroom, I'll admit its unproffesional but im going to use the excuse of being a student)
Whilst in Uni I have access to a decent room for tracking but that place gets closed for the summer for repairs/maintenance etc...
But in afew days when I have a pretty good mix going and show them a sample I know they think it was worth it in the end.

Just to clarifty I think my floor space is 7 by 5 foot :D

Any similair people? surely the lower budget guys can chime in

Thats almost giant compared to mine :D

I just have my room, its like a fucking box, i used to have my monitors on the floor because the space got so squashed :D

Sure. Melb_Shredder and I were actually recording drums all week in a really small space. Great gear to compensate though.

My mixing room is fairly small too. It fits the bare essentials. PC, Rack, Monitors, Couch, Acoustic Treatment... and not much else!

My studio room is 9ft by 10ft. It's actually bigger than I thought.

I just had the tape measure out, dog crapped herself and smacked her head off of my desk lol

i used to track drums and guitars in a 7'x7' shed behind my house. thankfully it had a concrete pad beneath it, which i was able to carpet over, and then insulate the walls, drywall, and cover with cheap acoustic foam

was still a bitch to try to get drummers to record in there in the summer when it was 110 outside, lol

now i'm using either my 12x14 dining room, which opens up to 2 larger rooms, or an abandoned local studio that's above the music shop that my buddy owns...but the drum booth there is also pretty small, maybe 12x10

My mixing room is 8x8x8 and I have it well treated with 703 panels. It sucks because any way you set up your stuck in the middle. Which is where you dont want to be in a room. Even well treated I still get nulls on certain freq.

I track drums in a 12x14 room I built in my basement... I used to just track in the openness of the basement as amateur as it looked. I WAS (and am) amateur though so it worked out.