Any of you have kids ?

Yeah, I have a son that's three and a half. He occasionally does unexpected things as all three year olds do... :headbang:

That would never fly here in the States. Half the audience would yell "GET A BABYSITTER" and perhaps throw beer bottles. America hates children; they are not welcome in public.

Oh, and at least a dozen members of an American audience would call child protective services.

Our hospital bill topped 500K, and after our insurance the bills were still over 50% of what I make a year. And, yes we did in vitro to have the trips. So, the money we've lost to bills and such has put a huge damper on acquiring new studio gear.

It never ceases to amaze me how the wealthiest, most powerful nation on earth can't afford health insurance for their own people. 500 grand? Are you fucking serious?

People who say that the US is the best country in the world are just plain fucking ignorant. ....Don't get me wrong, it's a great country full of great people, and I love to visit. (I AM NOT PUTTING DOWN THE AMERICAN PEOPLE... DO NOT TAKE THIS CRITIQUE THAT WAY) But it lags so far behind in terms of health, education, & overall freedom it's downright depressing. You guys seriously need a "regime change" of your own.

It never ceases to amaze me how the wealthiest, most powerful nation on earth can't afford health insurance for their own people. 500 grand? Are you fucking serious?

People who say that the US is the best country in the world are just plain fucking ignorant. ....Don't get me wrong, it's a great country full of great people, and I love to visit. (I AM NOT PUTTING DOWN THE AMERICAN PEOPLE... DO NOT TAKE THIS CRITIQUE THAT WAY) But it lags so far behind in terms of health, education, & overall freedom it's downright depressing. You guys seriously need a "regime change" of your own.

so true!

^ 500K was what was billed to my insurance. Without divulging too much, I posted that my personal bill for it all was around 50% of my yearly salary. For the stuff we went through, I feel like what we paid was justified. It was rare, scary, and not the usual run of the mill type stuff. I work in the medical field, so I know medical care is expensive. And while healthcare costs can cause heated debates, I'd probably fall on the other side of most people's complaints, because at the end of the day, it puts food on the table and money in my pockets.

The issue with healthcare costs for me are strictly from an insurance standpoint. But, it's way too long and drawn out for a thread like this.

Perhaps.

But, I can't be guaranteed that I would have had the quality of care that we did, either. Not saying I wouldn't have, I just know that the group my wife had for her case was one of the top in the US. It's the kind of thing I'll just never know unless we could have experienced it from both sides I guess.

Socialized medicine is sounds good on paper, but I'm still not sure it would be what I personally would want. I just don't know enough about it to have a solid opinion, though.

i have twins - 2yrs old.

i can't agree more with the quote earlier in the thread that even though my time has dwindled down to about nothing - what time i do spend now is more productive. nobody can do music 7x24 - it's non-productive (at least that's what i've found). you loose perspective. on the days when i can't bang on drums or crank the guitars - i simply use those as an learning day and read everything i can about my DAW, recording techniques on the net - or write something new w/ my acoustic.

oh - and of course where WILL come a day when they'll be big enough to help daddy carry gear... ;)

Perhaps.

But, I can't be guaranteed that I would have had the quality of care that we did, either. Not saying I wouldn't have, I just know that the group my wife had for her case was one of the top in the US. It's the kind of thing I'll just never know unless we could have experienced it from both sides I guess.

Socialized medicine is sounds good on paper, but I'm still not sure it would be what I personally would want. I just don't know enough about it to have a solid opinion, though.

Fair enough. Personally, I wouldn't trade it for all the stealth bombers in the world, though. Oh wait.....:heh: