Any other band good as Opeth?

i dont know if ive really seen more than one or two bands listed so far which are ACTUALLY AS GOOD as Opeth.

agalloch? absolutely not
woods of ypres? dont make me laugh
orphaned land? rrrrright
novembre? get your head checked
emperor? close, but no cigar
ulver? maybe...possibly maybe

ironically...the original poster is the only one ive seen with 2 bands mentioned that are actually AS good as Opeth. Sabbath and Floyd. That being said...everyone else get your heads out of your asses...he asked for bands AS GOOD as opeth, not ones your pea brains think sound "similair" to opeth.

NineFeetUnderground said:
i dont know if ive really seen more than one or two bands listed so far which are ACTUALLY AS GOOD as Opeth.

orphaned land? rrrright

+ Orphaned Land (not as good as Opeth, but good nonetheless)
did you miss my disclaimer? :p

Floyd is *AS* good as Opeth. Sabbath wouldn't be, imo.

agalloch? absolutely not
woods of ypres? dont make me laugh
orphaned land? rrrrright
novembre? get your head checked
emperor? close, but no cigar
ulver? maybe...possibly maybe

ironically...the original poster is the only one ive seen with 2 bands mentioned that are actually AS good as Opeth. Sabbath and Floyd. That being said...everyone else get your heads out of your asses...he asked for bands AS GOOD as opeth, not ones your pea brains think sound "similair" to opeth.

Fucking SHIT. Could you be any more obnoxious? And dont start that fag shit when youre sporting a Ricky Martin do.

mh, bands that _I_ rate higher than opeth:

pink floyd...uh-oh, it's getting really difficult already.
i like nevermore as much as i like opeth. death should be mentioned here for sure. efterklang - tripper is also as good as opeth's stuff (tho smth absolutely different). porc tree are somewhere up there too. king crimson are brilliant too (especially red). Godspeed are beyond good too...

other music (not bands tho - but i rate at least as high as opeth):
alban berg - dem andenken eines engels
arnold schönberg - his second chamber concerto
WA mozart - requiem in d minor (his other stuff mostly sucks tho)
some pieces from matthew's passion by JS bach (i hope this is the english name....)

i wouldnt be making a top heavy 5 figs a year if i looked like you pal. get a clue

Goatee...check
Hair gel...check
trendy necklace...check
bad skin...check

Fuck man, cant touch you.

Justin S. said:
Goatee...check
Hair gel...check
trendy necklace...check
bad skin...check

Fuck man, cant touch you.

goatee? yea...matches your poon hair
hair gel? necessary for 95% of males im afraid
trendy necklace? old heirloom from dead grandmother
bad skin? quality of digital cam, try again.

nope, you cant touch me. kudos for your efforts though...back to the drawing board for you champ.

Stop derailing the thread. If you have something to prove to each other, do it in your own private spaces (i'd suggest AIM, MSN, or the PM system here on the board).

NFU: You have to stop coming off as so aggressive during these threads. Your posts usually border on personal attacks and just leave a bad vibe all over the board.

Justin: I understand how can see him as obnoxious, but you have to restrain yourself from personal attacks. This isn't the place for that. At the very least, take your argument outside the board.