any Stratovarious fans here?

@TheSomberlain : That's exactly the way the internet should be used - to find new bands, not to rip them off.

Someone in a (very) small band told me once, as I was trying to purchase one of their cds: "Well, just send me an email so we can have it arranged so you download it from e-mule".
And I was like :zombie: :zombie: :zombie:
And then he said that small bands should find their way out on the Internet and make their living off of playing live.

I agree that artists and mainly companies should start thinking in a different way. Don't know how tho. And yet I pay (what for me is) loads of money for attending to gigs because live's nothing compared to canned music.

And BTW, why the hell should music be a LUXURY? Music is culture, it has belonged mankind since the begining and it WOULD exist even after show-biz disappearing or world collapsing...

Reactions: Waempyre
hey Shadeg, tell me someting. Do you think bands survive and get their "salaries" from CDs?
I am downloading a lot, and dont give flying fuck what you think about this. But in this way I know many awesome bands, and if I like some of their albums I will buy it original for sure. But if an album has just two or three good songs, why should I buy it?
oh and you were just so proud to mention that fucking necklace, bro? pfffffff. And I am not poor! :bah:

I buy cds whenever I have a little money over, but I mainly attend concerts to support bands.
Concerts is where band truly show talent, but I still do my best to buy some cds.
But call me a pirate or whatever for downloading :p

I tried to stop this already but if you really wanna keep going on..

Think about it like this : You play in a band that goes to studio for let's say 5 weeks, pays 400€ a day for the studio time =35*400=14,000€ + printing the CDs, promotion etc. etc. etc. Then they tour Europe to promote album (and in some cases even pay to get on the road, this isn't very unusual with smaller bands. COB had to pay from some of their gigs when they were smaller) and after a gig one guy comes to you and tells you how great your band is and how many burned copies of your albums he has, but claims to support you by coming on their gig.

Then you fucking freak out and split the band because it's the only way you can get someting to eat. Think about it :p And Marko since you said you aren't poor, then maybe you might want to spend money for the good bands out there.. at least I've got the picture you like music pretty much.

Bands might do music for fun but I doubt many of them are willing to pay for it.

ah damnit...didnt I say you that I will buy CD if it is good, so I have enough money to buy some CDs. but why should I buy it if its not good? I wonder if band gets at least 25% of that money you spend for CD, but thats another story.
like Stefan86 said, call me a pirate of whatever, I will still downloading. In this case probably I know many good bands you've never heard of. Maybe its unfair. but what-a-hell I must discover some new bands. Should I buy every CD which I see in store to "test" the band? :p

Aragorth said:
ah damnit...didnt I say you that I will buy CD if it is good, so I have enough money to buy some CDs. but why should I buy it if its not good?
Of course you shouldn't buy CDs you don't like but I don't see a reason why you should then download them..

Aragorth said:
I wonder if band gets at least 25% of that money you spend for CD, but thats another story.
It's better than nothing. And even though if the band gets little money when you buy their CD they still get some money from all the CDs people buy.

Aragorth said:
like Stefan86 said, call me a pirate of whatever, I will still downloading.
It's your choice, I'm not calling you names or anything because you download full albums from the net - I just personally think that it's stupid.

Aragorth said:
In this case probably I know many good bands you've never heard of. Maybe its unfair. but what-a-hell I must discover some new bands. Should I buy every CD which I see in store to "test" the band? :p

TheSomberlain said:
It's ok to download music. If you do it to hear new bands and make up your mind about them, and then go and buy their albums, if you like them.