Anyone catch Dream Theater on this latest tour?

Bear

Got Shred??
Feb 6, 2002
Canton, Georgia
You know I have been an avid supporter and fan of the band since I heard Pull Me Under on Headbangers Ball back in the day. I have to say that was by far the weakest Dream Theater show I have ever witnessed last Saturday night. They were doing songs in Chronological order from Majesty up until a full and complete Octavarium. The songs they picked for San Francisco was pretty crappy. The only good songs that I liked from the first set was, Afterlife Caught in a Web and Take the Time. Then they went into some songs that I never really cared for, Peruvian Skies, Speak To Me, Strange DejaVu - Fatal Tragedy and then closing the first half of the show with Losing Time from Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. They also threw in a Metallica/Pink Floyd in the middle of one of the other songs but my friends and I were changing seating from the balcony to the floor at that time. Then as fate would have it, two of my friends got thrown out of the show for trying to make their way up front. I didn't mind, I was pretty unimpressed with the show as a whole. We bailed to see a Band Called Pain :headbang:

Rant on: The fucking Warfield Security is bullshit. They make a concert experience pretty friggen miserable, always harassing people for trying to find a location to watch the show at, if you do not stay inside the "POLICE LINES" they harass you until you move or bail out all together. I am pretty good at hanging at the Warfield with seeing over 30 shows there but its getting pretty ridiculous, I feel like writing a letter to the management for however good that will do. Anyways rant off, ciao!!

Bear

You should write a letter. You have nothing to lose (just time I guess) if they pay attention to the letter then they become more aware of the problem, if they don't you are stuck in the same place as right now. (Cliche Master 1.1 ON) The only way for them to change is by voicing your opinion(Cliche Master 1.1 OFF)

They are doing songs in chronological order as this is their 20th Anniversary Tour, ending on April 1st at Radio City Music Hall. It will also be taped for a DVD.

The set lists they are playing are awesome and continue to get better with each city. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in NYC. Finally got our tickets in the mail from Fanfire just yesterday. Got lucky and they gave us front row. :)

I wish I could have used your ticket Bear and seen yet another DT show. :p

Bear, I have looked at quite a few DT setlists from this tour and they look awesome. I am not sure how many times now I've seen them, but its probably around 12-15.

Speak to Me is a song I would love to hear, and I've seen Raise the Knife on quite a few setlists too. Anything off Cleaning Out the Closet is great material.

I will be seeing them in Chicago, Cleveland, and New York this tour, and I can't wait.

WOW! Here I Pm'd you to see how you like your show...now I know.

My jaw is still on the floor at Pantages Theater. I was in awe of them at the L.A. show. Great set list, great crowd, poor lighting (fell down a few stairs) but an almost absolute flawless performance. A few sound/vox/echo issues but nothing major enough to detract away from the show.

The Warfield is a great place to see a show, Blind Melon I think was the last band I saw before moving south. Sorry you had issues with the security...they sure know how to ruin a good time.

I had issues with the parkinglot attendants. Pabla shows up at 5:25 and pays $15 I show up at 5:35 and pay $20. I called the company to make a complaint....probably won't due much good but just to complain and rant made me feel better.

If DT plays 'Innocence Faded' at one of the shows I'm at, I'll be happy. I have been happy with the set lists, for the most part. Though, I could do without 'Peruvian Skies'...only because I've seen them play it too many times already. It seems they play it every show I'm at.

Haven't seen them out on this round but caught them on the Gigantour in Orlando and West Palm Beach - the absolutely tore it UP in West Palm.

So could have just been a weak night.....
(I hate when THAT happens to be the show you catch..... sorry man...)

Burke said:
Haven't seen them out on this round but caught them on the Gigantour in Orlando and West Palm Beach - the absolutely tore it UP in West Palm.

So could have just been a weak night.....
(I hate when THAT happens to be the show you catch..... sorry man...)
I went to all three FL. Gigantour shows and WP was the best of the three. Though, in Tampa DT played 'Home', which ruled.

I spoke a while ago to a friend of mine that went to the Puerto Rico show. He has seen DT five times in the states, and his review, simply put, was:

"I wish I had brought spare pants."

I have the setlist somewhere, I'll post it as soon as I find it.

Jurakan said:
I spoke a while ago to a friend of mine that went to the Puerto Rico show. He has seen DT five times in the states, and his review, simply put, was:

"I wish I had brought spare pants."

I have the setlist somewhere, I'll post it as soon as I find it.

02/24 - San Juan, Puerto Rico - Coliseo De Puerto Rico

1. The Root of All Evil
2. Panic Attack
3. A Fortune In Lies
4. Under A Glass Moon
5. Lie
6. Peruvian Skies
7. Strange Deja-Vu
8. Through My Words
9. Fatal Tragedy
10. Solitary Shell/
11. About To Crash (Reprise)/
12. Losing Time/Grand Finale

~~Intermission~~

13. As I Am
14. Endless Sacrifice
15. I Walk Beside You
16. Sacrificed Sons
17. Octavarium

~~Encore~~
18. The Spirit Carries On
19. Pull Me Under/
20. Metropolis Pt. 1

Most of the set lists have been killer from what I've seen. I hope they play 'Take The Time' at the RCMH gig. Can't wait for this show, only a couple more weeks!

SavaRon said:
I hope they play 'Take The Time' at the RCMH gig. Can't wait for this show, only a couple more weeks!

I know, I'm getting excited for this show too. Dig this, went to the Radio City Music Hall site to see the seating chart info. I glance at the calendar of stuff to come and David Gilmour is playing there three days later.

DAMN!

I went to the Chicago show at the Congress Theater. The venue was absolutely terrible and oversold. The place was falling apart (no fixtures for lighting, just socketed in light bulbs), needed coats of paint everywhere (pre-dry wall ripped up walls), and they they started 20 minutes late.

After seeing Dream Theater there, I understood why that band could never headline. They'd overpower all the other bands 10 to 1.

The setlist was...

- The Root of All Evil
- *some Majesty song*
- Afterlife
- Take the Time
- Innocense Faded
- Peruvian Skies
- Raise the Knife
- Home
- Ridiculously long drum solo

*INTERMISSION*

- Six Degrees of Inner Turbulance (truncated medley)
- Endless Sacrifice
- I Walk Beside You
- Octavarium (which was surprisingly very good)

*encore*
- Wait for Sleep
- Learning to Live

I'm just annoyed at the fact that the show was oversold and started 20 minutes late, contributing to a reduced setlist.

It was a good show overall.

The Michael

I was at Chicago last night. The show was perfect, except for some asshole theatening my friends. The set list was incredible they played tons of stuff that we had never seen before, and we have seen them a lot. I mean Innocence Faded, Afterlife, Raise the Knife, A DRUM SOLO, Wait for Sleep, and Another Won!!! The venue was great, I didn't even know that place was there. It was big and the sound was great. The show started 20 minutes late because all shows start late. I have never been to one that starts on time. As far as over selling the venue. I don't think it was over sold at all. I like seeing Dream Theater have so many fans that want to see them. The only thing that was messed up was that they spelled Dream Theater wrong on the marquee. They had it Dream Theatre. And I laughed.

Michael TEOF said:
- Octavarium (which was surprisingly very good)
The Michael

As far as this hogwash goes. Why on earth would this song be bad? It is their greatest song ever. Did you think that they wouldn't practice it, or what? I would say it was the highlight of the show, but there was soooo many other perfect moments, as I mentioned in the above songs, that it was all equally amazing. I really am just now comprehending what I witnessed last night. And I almost don't belive it.

Well, off to Cleveland for tonight's show. And let's not forget the NYC show. After last night's perfprmance I have absolutley NO idea about waht they will play out there. I can't wait.