Anyone catch Dream Theater on this latest tour?

The DVD is gonna come out great!! It was a concert I will never forget!

Also, great seeing some people in the board you dont see everyday (mike from Boston, Matt, Justin, Ashley and.... *shit forgot the name* from Chicago, Pete from LI..., etc etc...

And to those who're bitching about the setlist... You're just jealous you missed the chance of seeing DT live with an orchestra, something very unlikely to see again! LOL

:worship:I almost crap my pants when I saw the oechestra. :OMG:

The RCMH show was worth every penny; from the NYC subways to the $42 airport parking fare and everything in between.
:headbang:

The entire DT show kicked ass. The first half was amazing, the second half is most likely a once in a lifetime experience. It's also great to have been a part of something as magical as this show was. Its also great to read critiques of ANY aspect of the show by people who were not in attendence, because its completely irrelevant. The show was amazing for those who were there to experience and no doubt for those who buy the DVD. If you werent there and have negative comments, just go away.

Petethedrummer said:
Hells yes they recorded it! They said that the DVD would be out this fall

The orchestra came out after the intermission, the songs played with the orchestra were:

All of Six Degrees (CD 2 from the album)
The Answer Lies Within
Sacrificed Sons
Octavarium
Metropolis

You forgot Vacant.

I truly enjoyed the NYC show! For me to have witnessed what I did, was an absolute privilege. To see the photos on the big screens and hear them close the show with Metropolis only proved to me how much these guys truly love their city! I found it absolutely touching. I did feel sorry though for the people at the show who had been directly effected by 9/11, I could see where that might have been a little too much to sit through.

rockyracoon said:
The entire DT show kicked ass. The first half was amazing, the second half is most likely a once in a lifetime experience. It's also great to have been a part of something as magical as this show was. Its also great to read critiques of ANY aspect of the show by people who were not in attendence, because its completely irrelevant. The show was amazing for those who were there to experience and no doubt for those who buy the DVD. If you werent there and have negative comments, just go away.

You don't have to be in the concert to know if the set list sucked or not.. I mean, if you know the songs.. it's your taste!

That doesn't take anything away from the experience.. I wish I was there for the second half...

The NYC show was amazing. I gained a new appreciation for Six Degrees after hearing it with an orchestra. And the crowd was incredible; everyone around me was singing along to every song.

Angrafan said:
You don't have to be in the concert to know if the set list sucked or not.. I mean, if you know the songs.. it's your taste!

That doesn't take anything away from the experience.. I wish I was there for the second half...

How can you have any opinon what so ever about the set list when the whole thing hasn't been posted on here yet? Not to mention, that it was their best performance ever!!! If you don't like there song selection that is one thing, but to say that they only played about 3 good songs is asinine. if you can only like 3 songs on one of their sets than you are NOT a fan. So, next time just don't go.

Just in case you were wondering what they played....

Set # 1

The Root of All Evil
I Walk Beside You
Another Won
Afterlife
Under A Glass Moon
Innocence Faded
Rasie the Knife
The Spirit Carries On

Set # 2 with Orchestra

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Vacant
The Answer Lies Within
Sacraficed Sons
Octavarium

Encore with Orchestra

Metropolis Part 1

Zingababla said:
How can you have any opinon what so ever about the set list when the whole thing hasn't been posted on here yet? Not to mention, that it was their best performance ever!!! If you don't like there song selection that is one thing, but to say that they only played about 3 good songs is asinine. if you can only like 3 songs on one of their sets than you are NOT a fan. So, next time just don't go.

Just in case you were wondering what they played....

Set # 1

The Root of All Evil
I Walk Beside You
Another Won
Afterlife
Under A Glass Moon
Innocence Faded
Rasie the Knife
The Spirit Carries On

Set # 2 with Orchestra

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
Vacant
The Answer Lies Within
Sacraficed Sons
Octavarium

Encore with Orchestra

Metropolis Part 1

HAH, who could imagine I'd find you guys only after the show in a corner of NYC eh? LOL