Anyone ever heard of ER microphones?

visceral

Sep 22, 2009
So I've been spending a lot of time on ebay looking for used mics on the cheap. You'd be surprised how many mics are overlooked and get little (if any) bids. Anyways I recently picked up 2 mics for $0.99 each. One is an audio technica dr-gx1. Its actually pretty decent, especially considering what I paid lol.

The other mic is an ER mc-114. I could not find any information anywhere about ER mics. I figured what the heck, its not every day I find a mic that cheap lol. It appears to be an sm57 style mic with an on/off switch. I thought it was odd that I couldn't find any info whatsoever online.

It has not arrived yet, but I'll let ya know my impression in case anyone is interested.

If you cant find anything on the internet and they are sold so cheaply on E-Bay, that usually means, that the company that made it stopped existing before internet became cool. They are sold so cheaply, probably because those people already own better mics and don't use those old ones. They could just trow them away, but since those mic are perfectly functioning they sell it for near nothing, to make some poor guys happy.

That is a good point. I wouldn't risk spending much on something I know nothing about. These particular microphones were listed on ebay with vague titles, and I just stumbled across them. I've picked up a few great deals on ebay with listings like that. If nothing else I'll have a cheap backup. I don't see how you can go wrong with a $0.99 mic haha. I was just trying to see if anyone knew anything about this particular mic.

Having said that, if anyone is on a budget and needs some mics, just search "mic" on ebay. Some people just don't list the specifics for some reason. You may not find the best mics in the world, but there are plenty of decent mics that get overlooked and get few (if any) bids. I just missed out on an AT 2020 that sold for $8 :(