Anyone get the new Stupid Dream Remaster (Porcupine Tree)

TheCrackedJack

New Metal Member
Apr 3, 2006
Just got it today, and wow it sounds A Lot better than the old version. Definately worth it if you like the album. I've noticed tons of things for the first time on this recording.

TheCrackedJack said:
Just got it today, and wow it sounds A Lot better than the old version. Definately worth it if you like the album. I've noticed tons of things for the first time on this recording.

Did you get the double CD? The one that had the normal Cd and a DVDA?

I got that. Porcupine Tree in surround sound on DVDA is truly a wondrous experience...

TheCrackedJack said:
I have all the PT studio albums, I am a little unsure if to buy this as Steve Wilson has a habit of repackaging and mastering everything at length.
Can you desribe the improvments, it may make my mind up.

Mumblefood said:
where the hell did you get an original Stupid Dream? :s that fucking CD is so hard to come by, i'm so glad it's remastered and rereleased. Literally i've been looking for 5 years for it without having to pay over 50 bucks.
The local library in Perth has a music section. Tis was in there I borrowed and copied it.
Contact me if you wish a copy of it.

What's with PT and all the remasters/5.1 mixes/DVD mixes? If this guy paid more attention to his actual music instead of what it sounds like maybe i'd buy it and he wouldn't have to whore money off his current fanbase in this way.

Porcupine Tree are undertaking a short tour to promote their first live DVD release "Arriving Somewhere..." in September. The first 2 dates have been confirmed and tickets are now on sale.
PT Tour announced :headbang: :headbang:

1st October 2006
Carling Academy Glasgow, Scotland

30th September - University, Manchester, England

(tickets available from www.gigsandtours.com or by calling 0871 2200 260) 1st October - Carling Academy, GLASGOW, UK (tickets available from Ticketweb or by calling 0870771 2000 or 0870 220
1116)

hibernal_dream said:
What's with PT and all the remasters/5.1 mixes/DVD mixes? If this guy paid more attention to his actual music instead of what it sounds like maybe i'd buy it and he wouldn't have to whore money off his current fanbase in this way.

While i do dislike how many versions of things there are out there, i really do appreciate his interest and willingness to work on how his albums sound. The more money you spend on audio gear, the more you appreciate things like that. As someone who does spend a lot on audio gear, things like this are greatly appreciated and totally enhance the listening experience for me.

hibernal_dream said:
I couldn't agree more about all the remasters etc, it is annoying even his most loyal fans. His chat forum is full of annoyed punters.
The dye in the wool collectors and supporters will, however, buy everything. A remastered version of his farts is available soon, limited to 100 copies, to start with at least and only on vinyl :)

I need to get this remaster its the only one of their albums that has been a bitch to get :)

BTW anyone wanna buy a fully signed copy of Coma Divine :p

RiffBoy said:
Isn't there a Porcupine Tree-forum for this thread?

Oops, no there isn't - this is part of a METAL fourm...
Of course PT can't be part of it... Sorry, my bad!
:Smokin:

BTW - I like PT, also - got 6 cd's...! :)

But even though they're good and interesting - and Mike plays on some songs - still my Opeth albums gets played more... Hm...