Anyone get the new Stupid Dream Remaster (Porcupine Tree)

Damn I hate and love this remastering and editing and re-releasing stuff.

Ps1:I hate more if they don't release.
Ps2:Damn

Cheers.

i went ahead and ordered the new remaster release from burning shed.co.uk, but i completely forgot about the apparent fuck ups on the dvd audio bit during even less..

does anyone know if they corrected this issue for the 2nd pressing? I remember them being backordered till june 16th or so. i am wondering if this batch they are selling now are fixed versions.

i rather like the old artwork for some reason. it goes with the theme of the album perfectly.

however, i love the new artwork aswell :)

I'm gonna guess that this batch they are selling are correct. I don't see how they would notice the problem, then have a backorder, and then sell the same defected discs.

well, whenever i get mine, i'll report on the matter.

So does this remaster actually sound significantly better than the original? It still seems like all of the post-drum-machine era PT albums really do not need to be remastered at all and I'm having difficulty imagining how this act would actually improve the quality noticably.

yeah, i'm not quite sure as to what the remixing will do, but i've read several times it sounds significantly better. one of the main reasons i bought it however was the dvd-a part of the deal. i'll probably get in absentia on dvd-a soon as well.

Like I said, whenever I get my copy I'll let ya know whether the disc error remains, and if the remixing is noticable.

I really wish that they'd go back and re-record some of those drum machine era songs.. like nine cats or radioactive toy. but anyway!

WeepingMoon said:
yeah, i'm not quite sure as to what the remixing will do, but i've read several times it sounds significantly better. one of the main reasons i bought it however was the dvd-a part of the deal. i'll probably get in absentia on dvd-a soon as well.

Like I said, whenever I get my copy I'll let ya know whether the disc error remains, and if the remixing is noticable.

I really wish that they'd go back and re-record some of those drum machine era songs.. like nine cats or radioactive toy. but anyway!

I ordered SD from the first batch (with faulty extended even less) so I wrote Burning Shed an email and they replaced the DVD-A (like alot of people have) If you ordered yours only awhile ago, you'll get a new shiney (working one) :)

CAIRATH said:
So does this remaster actually sound significantly better than the original? It still seems like all of the post-drum-machine era PT albums really do not need to be remastered at all and I'm having difficulty imagining how this act would actually improve the quality noticably.

One of those audiophile ppl would notice/care.

It is a bit different. It's more like certain layers of the music have been tweeked, bringing certain sounds/instrumentals into the foreground, while setting others more into the background.

I'm no audiophile, but I prefer to listen to the remaster. It does sound slightly better somehow.

amaranth said:
I ordered SD from the first batch (with faulty extended even less) so I wrote Burning Shed an email and they replaced the DVD-A (like alot of people have) If you ordered yours only awhile ago, you'll get a new shiney (working one) :)

thanks for the heads up dude :) they emailed me today saying they posted it, so :) i'm rather excited to give it a listen

The remaster sounds significantly cleaner and clearer. All the instruments have much better seperation.

I received my copy today :) I'm very pleased with it so far.

The overall sound is much cleaner and crisper. The artwork is very good, I really like it. The DVD-A disc sounds great on my system in DTS. It's quite an experience.

The promo video is nicely done, and the bonus tracks are a nice addition.

I'm not sure if the casual listener can spot differences in the mix, but overall the sound is definately clearer like I said. The instrument seperation is perfect, each is at the perfect levels I think.

I'm not quite sure, but the end of the 'A Smart Kid' solo sounds slightly different, like the last few notes sound as if it's a different take. Perhaps it's the same and it just shows how signifitcatly better sounding this mix is, as it allows you to hear it more clearly, and notice things you hadn't before.

The overall package is very nice, the artwork, mix, everything. If you don't have Stupid Dream all ready, this would be the release to experience it :)