Anyone going to Download?

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
No. I'm not. Anyone else?

Go to the site if you dare and read the synopsis of each band, it's nauseating!

e.g.

"In the early ‘90s, heavy music looked to be going the way of the dinosaurs: Well-heeled Brit-pop and well-scrubbed pop-punk were thoroughly dominating the guitar-rock landscape, and the few surviving old-school metal acts seemed hopelessly unable to adapt." from KORN's section

"and [Akercocke] will surely be a treat for the metal fans who cant wait for the metal bonanza which takes place on Sunday" - oooh yeah, metallica, korn, slipknot, ill nino, I'm sure akercocke fans can't wait for that bonanza!

So who's going?

I was going to go but its fucking hideously over priced, instead im off to W.O.A 2004. Only bands there id be interested in are metallica (i guess), slayer, akercocke, arch enemy and opeth. Seen slayer, opeth and akercocke before, arch enemy are at wacken so.......bleh :D It'll be full of stupid kids and cof goffs anyway :lol:

According to Blabbermouth, Lars couldn't play drums for Metallica because he was hospitalized in Zurich so Dave Lombardo and Joey Jordison filled in for him.

i nearly jumped the fence just to catch slayer and Life of Agony on the sunday but discovered although getting into the festival area was easy. getting anywhere near the stages wasn't. to do so you would have to beat up some nu metal kid and steal his wristband. i couldnt be bothered to risk felony charges just to see 2 bands who are touring next year anyway