Anyone going to Progressive Nation tonight?

Sounds like you had a good time. I have heard many positive reviews about Three, I don't even know what they sound like but I've been growing curious to check em out. Someone tell me where to start.
Glad the show was kick ass!!

The two discs that are the best representation of their sound would be Wake Pig and The End is Begun. I like both quite a bit, to be honest, but lately I find myself reaching for the latter a bit more often. Still, you really can't go wrong with either.

The two discs that are the best representation of their sound would be Wake Pig and The End is Begun. I like both quite a bit, to be honest, but lately I find myself reaching for the latter a bit more often. Still, you really can't go wrong with either.

Thanks! :kickass:

BTBAM: I had heard of BTBAM before this tour, but never really gave them much of a chance. When I checked them out a long time ago I wrote them off as a generic metalcore band with somewhat annoying vocals. After hearing that I would be seeing them, I decided to pick up their new cd Colors, and I've been listening to it for the last 4 or 5 months. I've grown to really love this cd, all the vocal styles, and all the musical styles included. It's a fantastic album and I was really excited to see some of it live. They didn't disappoint. I wish I could have seen a bit more actually. I heard some people who liked them, but probably more of the older DT crowd (no offense) that couldn't get past the vocals. I understand this since I couldn't either at first. I'm not sure I could have enjoyed this set as much if I didn't know and love the songs beforehand. Anyways, I'm also a new BTBAM fan thanks to this tour.

Glad to hear you liked them. :kickass:

IMO, THE most progressive metal band in the US right now...hands down! And basically, the "Dream Theater" for the new generation of musicians.

And BTW...they were very excited to play Pfest this year...although if it wasn't for this tour, which stood in the way unfortunately. :(

@ Jose: I know. :)

Thanks for the review! It makes all the difference in the world when the sound is top notch at a venue. I saw Three open for Porcupine Tree last year and they also blew me the hell away. Great act. And no Harley, I still haven't picked up their discs. :cry:

Good to hear that Opeth played some new tunes. Can't wait for their album to come out on June 3rd.

Glad to hear you liked them. :kickass:

IMO, THE most progressive metal band in the US right now...hands down! And basically, the "Dream Theater" for the new generation of musicians.

And BTW...they were very excited to play Pfest this year...although if it wasn't for this tour, which stood in the way unfortunately. :(

I think they would have gone over better then A Life Once Lost as well.