Anyone heard the new Megadeth track?

This post reminds me of the last time I listened to ...and Justice For All. All I could think was "oh man imagine how much more sick this album would be if Lars could have played like the drummers of today." Seriously, the riffs are fucking ace, the song structures perfect, nice angry vocals. Excellent album overall, but if only there were a better player behind that drum kit....
i have that same thought every time!

So why say anything about Barker or Hellhammer?
I dont care how good Drover is, they guy cant write for crap.
That's the perfect song to play some fucking heavy metal drums to! Not shit Nickelback drums

Uh, because neither Menza nor Gar could hold a candle to Barker or Haake or Hellhammer. They fit with Megadeth.

It'd be like putting Barker or Haake in a doom band...complete overkill.

Even Mustaine said that unless someone does a human sacrifice on stage these days, most concert goers have already seen all there is to be seen in metal. Do you REALLY want Megadeth to sound like black metal or Meshuggah? Sometimes less really is more, and it's not just a phrase that no-talent retards throw out when responding to criticism.

but why mention it? We know what good Megadeth was. It wasnt all about "riffs, dude"
right from the get-go the drums suck. completely boring. a couple normal snare rolls. same thing throughout the entire intro until the very ending of it.
the drums right before the main solo is laughable. seriously? that's what this guy wrote?
cool riffs can only be so cool. rest of the band has to back it up.

I can just sense DW loading up his B52 Word Bomber and flying it over the top of your differing opinionated house right now.

DW I'm just playin' man, pls don't get pissy.

Nah I see what Krig's saying and he's got a point...I'm not denying that the drums are kinda blah.

But again, it's Megadeth, not Nile.

I hope they start incorporating more epic-sounding atmospheres like they used to. Kollias playing uber fast doesn't do it for me.

Someone last page did mention headcrusher and yes, I just listened to it for the first time, and I like it even more than 1320. You know what we can all do? Send an angry letter (by actual physical envelope mail, just to be real ponces about it) to Dave saying that he cannot release the album without rerecording all the drum tracks with Van. He's done with TOC recordings, so he's bored until they go on tour at this point... Williams and Broderick? That's fucking awesomesauce right there, if I've ever seen a bottle.

the track "Endgame" is now on the net too and I gotta say I heard it on youtube, this is wayyyy better than 1,320 or whatever. around the second half or so of the song it starts picking up and just keeps getting heavier.