Anyone heard the new Megadeth track?

Craysh3

Bathrobed Architect
Dec 17, 2008

This is Rust in Peace quality bar none. Chris Broderick is quite possibly the best thing that happened to that band. United Abominations was utter fucking bullshit , and this was the compensation I was waiting for. It's nothing special, but it's also Megadeth, so I wasn't expecting any creative genius to pour out either. This is straight-forward headbang til you drop rattlehead thrash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds more like a song that didn't make the cut on Countdown than a Rust In Peace era track. Still, an improvement over the awful shit they've been cranking out in the last decade.

I think Brooks is making fun of people who say that music sucks because of someone's spiritual beliefs. And he's right.

The two tracks I've heard so far are fucking great.

And guess who produced and mixed this album for them? Give a WILD shot in the dark. Tell you what, I'll give you a running start. It starts with an 'a', and ends with an ANDY FUCKING SNEAPMYSTER.

How does everything that this man touches on the console turn to gold (with the exception of arse enema)?

And guess who produced and mixed this album for them? Give a WILD shot in the dark. Tell you what, I'll give you a running start. It starts with an 'a', and ends with an ANDY FUCKING SNEAPMYSTER.

How does everything that this man touches on the console turn to gold (with the exception of arse enema)?

Because he has a formula that works really really well?

That's not a legitimate answer unless you provide the formula along with it.

Pro Tools has nothing to do with it.

It's his refusal to allow any of the actual, organic sorts of 'mistakes' to enter his mixes. It's picture perfect; devoid of the soul and spirit of humanity, sampled (itself, blatant discarding of the authentic) for maximum impact and minimal verisimilitude. When the carnal spirit and primality of metal music is lost, is it still even 'metal'?

It's scientific. If you want scientific music, listen to beats created by computers. Or Andy Sneap.

I'm gonna listen to some High on Fire.

Suck it.

eh

this could have made it on hidden treasures...maybe

lyrics blow.

who is this drummer? he's boring as shit.

broderick isn't touching marty on his worst day creativity-wise.

you really hear something here that even remotely resembles classic megadeth?

I don't.

Who listens to megadeth for the lyrics these days? I'll agree with you on the drummer, but that's always been dave's problem (and AC/DC influence) getting beatmakers that only please human ears, not the ears of audio and musicophiles. And at this point in 2009, after hearing countless shredders, how original can a guitarist possibly be today with his lead work, ESPECIALLY in a song format like the one given to him by Megadeth? I think under the circumstances, this beats the living shit out of UA and anything they've done since Youthanasia.

I haven't been able to get through an entire album since Cryptic Writings, and I was the biggest Megadeth fan on earth growing up.

But I don't think this is as good as CW, not even close.

There were some bangers on that album.