Anyone Here Into "the Chasm"?

jorgemog

Berserker
Jul 7, 2002
Mexico
Visit site
Does anyone like this great death metal band?

They are from Mexico and they have been getting great reviews in Metal Maniacs and UNRESTRAINED mag. I own the "Procession to infraworld" and "Reaching the veil of death" records. I think they are different, unique and talented.

Could anyone give me their impressions on this band?
Thanx

Good to know there is another fan of this great band. I own every CD they have put out so far, and am anxiously awaiting the release of 'Conjurations from the Spectral Empire' (I think that's what it's called).

My impression- Like I said, I think this is a great death metal band. Of currently-active bands, The Chasm are probably only behind Nile in the 'brutal death metal' sub-genre. It is a shame they they are SO under-rated, when dross like In Flames and Soilwork are rated so highly.

The Chasm own.

Where and when can we get the new album. Their website says it was released on the 2nd (I think)

I love The Chasm they are great,I saw them at the metalfest and it was great,they're a great band live and can't wait for the new album.One of the most underrated bands for sure!!and Daniel is a great tatoo artist too.

Originally posted by The Wanderer
Did they record it themselves again? I thought their last disc was good but really lacking in production. That kind of death metal needs a decent recording i think.

Yes, they have recorded themselves again but I think the production sounds great ! Although, I like a raw, not so polished kind of atmosphere to albums...

@AngelWitch73- Will the album be available in the States? Sorry, but I don't know where Witches Brew is HQ'ed.

and I don't know where BeerMetal Land is, although I would like to go. ;)