The Chasm...

Nice, need to pre-order one myself. Only 500 copies (At least initially...), so don't delay.

Spinning "The Spell of Retribution" right now - digging this much more than I did upon first listen awhile back. I think part of my issue with them previously was that when I wanted to hear quality death metal, I wanted it to be less "epic" and have more of a simplistic, 1 riff driven groove to the sound. I think my tastes may have evolved in that regard and this is extremely high quality stuff. :kickass:

Yeah, I find The Chasm a band that takes death metal to the next level. It combines death detal, heavy metal, and trash metal to the optimal culmination of epicness.

Yeah.
These are absolutely brilliant, and could be considered one of the best Chasm albums ever:

Conjuration of the Spectral Empire
Deathcult for Eternity: The Triumph

I like The Spell a lot and Process to the Infraworld a lot as well, but I don't think they can touch the previous two. I've only spun the first two albums a few times, but I found them to be slightly too long and their song writing not fully thought out. From the Lost Years was just absurdly long too. I enjoy them both, but I would not purchase them unless they were reissued or for quite cheap.

So my copy of Farseeing the Paranormal Abysm arrived yesterday and i've listened to it twice so far...

Amazing :worship:

The Chasm said:
09/22/2009 Due to the solid response and support from the true believers worldwide we hereby announce that the first pressing (500 copies) of the new album has been sold out, a 2nd pressing has been ordered and it should be available within the next 10 days, the store has been taken down for maintenance and re-organization, all the merchandise should be in stock after the Chicago show (October 1st).

:kickass:

Christ. I'm hearing this for the first time, and there is definitely something new in the air that has been distinctly lacking from the past couple of albums. :headbang:

Where the fuck can I go to order this thing? None of the North American distros listed on their website seem to actually be carrying the album...

This album combines Conjuration and The Spell, I think. It fucking smokes. Still not going to be better than Conjuration though!

where the heck is Dark One? hope the dude is ok ...

btw The Chasm ... I could listen to white noise and it would have the same effect on me :loco: