Anyone here working with Focusrite Saffire 6?

I'm using one. Pres are pretty decent IMO, especially for this price range. I have heard some people complaining about latency and such, and I have had that issue as well at times. There is a thread somewhere around here about it. My issue might be more related to the lack of processing power in my laptop though...

Edit: Here is the thread I was referring to... http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/657673-focusrite-saffire-6-usb-distortion.html

I'm using one. Pres are pretty decent IMO, especially for this price range. I have heard some people complaining about latency and such, and I have had that issue as well at times. There is a thread somewhere around here about it. My issue might be more related to the lack of processing power in my laptop though...

Edit: Here is the thread I was referring to... http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/657673-focusrite-saffire-6-usb-distortion.html

Damn, that is the least positive topic I've ever seen about a Focsurite product. I've otherwise only heard good things about the little unit; maybe his is legitimately defective? I have a Pro 24, and my DI's max at about -16 with the gain at 0 using my BKP Painkiller. I usually set it to 4.5ish to get a good DI level. I assume the hardware is a bit different than on the USB, but the second poster said he had the same issues. Weird. Also, how the fuck does he expect to get such low latency? I get 1.9/3.9 according to Reaper, and I can track with amp sims just fine. Hell, I can track fine with double those numbers.

In any case, I'm curious about the Saffire 6, too. The newer Scarlett interfaces look a little bit better, but I've found the Saffire 6 for $160 on eBay. Idk how much they go for in Sweden, but I'm sure it's also a good amount cheaper than the Scarletts.

I have a Pro 14 and it's pretty damn good. It's really stable and the pre-amps are awesome for the money. But the instrument inputs are annoying as fuck, they are super hot and cause clipping, and I haven't found a way to change this.

Apart from that, the cheaper Focusrite's are kick ass for the money.

Yeah, that thread was a bit amusing... My Saffire 6 clips occasionally when doing DI's as well, but not to the point to where they're unusable.

I wouldn't go for a USB 1.1 device. I considered buying a Saffire 6 last month after my NI Audio Kontrol 1's mic pre is dead. Now I'm thinking to buy an Apogee Duet 2 but since you want a cheap interface, my best bet would be an E-mu 0404 USB or NI Komplete Audio 6 or even Audio Kontrol 1 since it's price has been dropped.

I have one. It's really, really good for the price.

For direct guitar, it clips when the pad is engaged unless I roll the guitar volume back a bit. The clip LED isn't very accurate, and I wish the pad cut a bit more signal.

Otherwise, it's great!

EDIT: Also, latency is fine. Just get the 1.9 driver from the Focusrite site for best performance.

The saffire 6 USB works fine with my buddys computer but doesn't want to work with mine (slow playback). My old Alesis io2 express (USB 2.0) doesn't have this problem. Now I find myself looking for an audio interface to buy myself.

Damn, that is the least positive topic I've ever seen about a Focsurite product. I've otherwise only heard good things about the little unit; maybe his is legitimately defective? I have a Pro 24, and my DI's max at about -16 with the gain at 0 using my BKP Painkiller. I usually set it to 4.5ish to get a good DI level. I assume the hardware is a bit different than on the USB, but the second poster said he had the same issues. Weird. Also, how the fuck does he expect to get such low latency? I get 1.9/3.9 according to Reaper, and I can track with amp sims just fine. Hell, I can track fine with double those numbers.

In any case, I'm curious about the Saffire 6, too. The newer Scarlett interfaces look a little bit better, but I've found the Saffire 6 for $160 on eBay. Idk how much they go for in Sweden, but I'm sure it's also a good amount cheaper than the Scarletts.

I'm talking about buffer setting at 3-4ms. NOT total latency man...

I think its like 13ms output latency

The settings are almost "usable" but annoying at best. At worst, it messes up your timing while playing fast. Not to mention that it will start crapping out even more when you add more tracks and things. Then you have to move it to 5ms, etc.

Just avoid this thing....

Actually, if you want one Ill sell it to you.

It has been recently checked out by Focusrite service center. It works 100% as designed.

The only slight problem is that it was designed to be a piece of shit.