Anyone interested in doing another COBOT "album"?

You know what? I'll humor you and if you make a layout for a song I'll try to emulate it within reason.

OK, I made another one...

I realize you wouldn't do vocals but it's hard to visualize a song like this without the intended vocal sections included. This song has the feeling of traveling to a dark place that seems mysterious at first but is eventually a bad place to be in, it's like a dive to the abyss of the sea or a journey to the reaches of Hell, or it could be a blind man's journey to a pitch black forest

0:00 -
Melody that's tragic and beautiful.
Perilous riff beating on the background to create a sense of contrast, 60 bpm.

0:20 -
Same beat & tempo, but melody changes to mysterious dark trance keyboard melody, heavy but low-profile riff.

0:35 -
Verse 1 hissing vocals start, beat speeds up to 100 bpm.

0:50 -
Verse 2 vocals slightly louder, pedal is added with a pumping bass to create sense of fearful pulse.

1:05
Music goes on with a faint scream.

1:20 -
Intro riff & 60 bpm beat return with whispering vocals.

1:35 -
Two back-to-back orchestral hits and a calm/tragic choir in background seize the moment to emulate the sense of full moon and nightfall, beat stops.

1:50 -
Intro riff with the 60 bpm beat return after a moment of tranquil stillness, choirs still humming in the midst.

2:05 -
Orchestral hit stirs up the unaware listener, pedal tempo increases to 180 bpm with ultra fast lower string riff.

2:15 -
Two back-to-back orchestral hits start a double-bass attack with the riff.

2:25 -
Death metal tremolo (chorus) riff/melody emerges from underneath the simple drum pattern, beat settles at 140 bpm. First half of the tremolo chorus without vocals, just to enjoy the change of feeling.

2:40 -
Beat stays at 140 bpm to carry on the increased drama. Low grand piano supporting the intro riff.

3:00 -
Tempo comes down to 60 bpm to respect a slow, melodic guitar solo with great echo to give a sense of immersion in some deep place.

3:25 -
Verse beat comes back to cool off the guitar solo.

3:40 - 4:07
Tremolo chorus brings mood back to this burning anxiety. When repeating again at 4:00 the tempo increases to inhumane speed with doublebass over choirs and burying the end scream.

So there's 1 guitar melody at the intro, 1 very simple trance melody, 1 guitar solo, 1 tremolo melody, and really just 1 fairly simple riff... and some other necessary shit you can come up with in a heartbeat. I only worried about the energetic flow. I had certain bands in mind when envisioning this, but I won't name them cos everyone has their own imagination.

Last edited:
ayy nice to see i still get namedropped here.

im still alive (just about), tentatively up for doing something depending on time. coming to the end of the semester and balls deep in work, as i type this i'm stressing about the essay i have due in 8 hours. when do you guys want to have this done by?

also brent your clean song thing was cool
also <arcane> im turning 20 next month
So am I.

i have one song fininish and i want to know where to post it ?
Never been involved before but I think you'll be sending it to mrKRB64. Upload it somewhere like Dropbox and then PM him the link.

You got a name for your song? I have made quite a few songs during the last six years, but I have never named one before. They are all named "Song X", with X being a number. Song 1 is the first song I made, Song 2 the second etc. The song I made based on Joonas' instructions is, at the moment, called "Song 167" :D (I don't have 167 ready songs though. Most of them contain only one riff or melody).

Reactions: yahamart
i have one song fininish and i want to know where to post it ?
Hey mate- yeah as ESA said just upload it to dropbox or if you don't have an account then send it off to mrkrb64@hotmail.com
and i'll save it for when everyone's done and then compile them all together. I still haven't even finished my guitar pro version of my song as i've got writers block and been super busy but I made some progress on Thursday.

I was thinking of making a youtube account or a dropbox one for the album and giving people that PM me the password so each person can upload their song to it but it would be easy for someone to mess it all up :p Would be a lot easier than people just sending their stuff to me though.

You got a name for your song? I have made quite a few songs during the last six years, but I have never named one before. They are all named "Song X", with X being a number. Song 1 is the first song I made, Song 2 the second etc. The song I made based on Joonas' instructions is, at the moment, called "Song 167" :D (I don't have 167 ready songs though. Most of them contain only one riff or melody).

Haha I always find it hard to name a song I make so I usually call them by what it sounds a bit like ("Sinergy 1 type" etc).

Does anyone need help with anything? I'll look through the posts in a sec and update the first post. I may need help with keys as well as drums as I don't think I have the presets I thought I had.

Last edited:
Reactions: yahamart
Never been involved before but I think you'll be sending it to mrKRB64. Upload it somewhere like Dropbox and then PM him the link.

yes i have name for my song but i dont think to much for the song name :p do you want to try colab with me?? for a song i stuck with one main riff i can find nothing with that !!

I think I'm going to pull the plug on my efforts, I haven't touched it since I last posted due to being busy at work and outside of work leading up to Xmas. I now need to finish what I started before then as I was getting too tired to focus and I've started learning a few Psycroptic songs so probably won't bother with this for a while but will send a really old song like I mentioned before so I can still be featured if this ever gets done.

I think I'm going to pull the plug on my efforts, I haven't touched it since I last posted due to being busy at work and outside of work leading up to Xmas. I now need to finish what I started before then as I was getting too tired to focus and I've started learning a few Psycroptic songs so probably won't bother with this for a while but will send a really old song like I mentioned before so I can still be featured if this ever gets done.
Anything's better than nothing. :) How are other people doing? My song needs a solo from Arcane (I can do it if he's busy, although it'll most likely wind up being pretty simple if I do it), but otherwise it's ready. Perhaps some mixing / mastering stuff that could be perfected.

Worksofheart is working on new song based on my vision, it's gonna be dope. Some angst riffs and slick solos with distinct emotion and alien soundworlds.

Almost forgot I picked a wooden branch at Fall that looks like the bottom of a scythe, and a black candle and a black shroud, I'll try to make some artwork image. It will likely feature a suicide scene on the verge of a cliff at the mythical blue moment of polar night, with the funeral candle and the robe and scythe of the Reaper, (inspired by the incident when my friend jumped to suicide in the area.) Ah fuck it, I might try to do it today...

But I demand the song from Worksofheart.

Last edited:
Ok, got some artwork done, still feeling the cold burns. It's a cliff down to a lake at sunset, you just can't see the lake here... Would one of these do? My camera is faulty but I did my best. It's the Reaper looking down at a suicide spot. The last one is creepy as fuck, while the gold one looks like the candle is capturing the sun.

Attachments

• P1013135.JPG
    P1013135.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 9
  • P1013136.JPG
    P1013136.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 9
  • P1013136 - Versio 3.JPG
    P1013136 - Versio 3.JPG
    243.2 KB · Views: 7
  • P1013137.JPG
    P1013137.JPG
    202.5 KB · Views: 8
  • P1013139.JPG
    P1013139.JPG
    269.7 KB · Views: 9
  • P1013140.JPG
    P1013140.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Ok, got some artwork done, still feeling the cold burns. It's a cliff down to a lake at sunset, you just can't see the lake here... Would one of these do? My camera is faulty but I did my best. It's the Reaper looking down at a suicide spot. The last one is creepy as fuck, while the gold one looks like the candle is capturing the sun.
Gold one is probably my favorite.

The gold one look as if you could unlit even the sun by killing the funeral light that was lit on the eve of suicide, kind of symbolic. Then again the turquoise one is good too and the colour is watery. The last one is black metal'ish. My vote probably goes for the black and white art, the last one, it's kinda creepy and signals instant doom without having to look carefully. The gold one is kinda apocalyptic I guess. There's a lake and faraway forest in the distance, you just can't see it. It was very difficult cos my camera won't take clear shots when it's dark.

And album title recommendations? Here's some...

'Passage to the Abyss'
'Descend the Abyss'
'Hush of Dark'
'Hush'
'Valediction'
'Blow Out the Sun' - for the gold one
'Cure for Despair' or 'Curing Despair' - for the black and white, last or third one
'Eve of Salvation'

Here's some sketches I think look promising. Now I have to change my mind: the Descend the Abyss one looks best. It's actually the 'blue moment' after sunset. I'm not sure if "descend the abyss" is grammatically correct. Just share your ideas on artwork, name and font.

Attachments

• Hush of Dark.jpg
    Hush of Dark.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Cure for Despair.jpg
    Cure for Despair.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 5
  • Descend the Abyss.jpg
    Descend the Abyss.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
So guys, new ALBUM ART AND TITLE! Or better ideas? I left some 'space' on the left if you wanna print it on a old fashioned CD case once the thing is finished, so the text should be positioned nicely.

Just give me recommendations on titles and such and I can try.

Attachments

• Descend the Abyss.jpg
    Descend the Abyss.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
This is hardcore as fuck too.

What colour are your soundworlds?

Attachments

• Pitch Dark.jpg
    Pitch Dark.jpg
    266.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Two good artworks now, last one I added right after your post. They're not overly aggressive and perilous like real Bodom artworks, but like said, title ideas are welcome... you can call it the Funeral of Earth or something mindblowing if you have songs that rip faces off. Actually that's not even a bad title...

I maximized what I could with a broken camera, freezing climate, and the fact my creativity room was limited as I didn't have a full reaper costume or full scythe! I hope they don't look like Christmas cards or Lapland ads.

Too bad I can't make music myself, don't know how to record, and even if I did it would be psychedelic doom cos that's all I ever did, and I don't play anymore, but if two of you guys at least took some of my instructions then it would be cool, I'd at least collaborated a little, that's already sick. Just get everyone making a cool song and show Alexi maybe some exciting ideas. I'm sure many guys on youtube would be thrilled to make a song, they just don't know about this.

Last edited: