Anyone like Lacuna Coil??!?

They are ok- nothing bad, nothing great, and nothing that I listen to often. Im sure they could make alot of money now that evanescence is so popular at playing Lacuna COil Lite.

Lacuna Coil are not goth metal. They are nu metal. They are simplistic and derivative bullshit music for the morons of metal, the lackluster idiots who accept any old shitty slab of garbage because it has a female vocalist even though the music is beyond dull and so formulaic that it makes Trent Reznor blush.

LuminousAether said:
Lacuna Coil are not goth metal. They are nu metal. They are simplistic and derivative bullshit music for the morons of metal, the lackluster idiots who accept any old shitty slab of garbage because it has a female vocalist even though the music is beyond dull and so formulaic that it makes Trent Reznor blush.

Have you actually listened to In a Reverie or their demo????? I agree, it's not what it used to be (have seen them 3 times live :D) but saying they're nu-metal makes me think you don't really know much about the band... :err:

LuminousAether said:

:tickled: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thanks for the laugh Mr. Sterotype Man.

:tickled:

Metal elitist? Yeah right... if that were true, then I wouldn't listen to emo, would I?

No, I listen to GOOD music. Something which Lacuna Coil are not. I happen to have at least a slight amount of self-respect, enough not to stoop to such a generic and trite band's level simply to hear a female vocalist that is somewhat good looking. Her voice is weak, the backing band is pathetic, and the male vocals are laughable. I saw a video on Fuse the other day and I almost died laughing. It was absolute garbage. Even when they first came out I simply thought of them as a very lame copy of The Gathering. Mandylion is so much better than anything Lacuna Coil did that it makes it completely worthless to listen to that overrated and pathetic band.

Wow, Luminous, harsh words...although seriously, calling them a nu-metal band is a little ludicrous, don't you think? Well anyway, I really don't know much about them, Comalies was a very cool, very listenable album...I've been thinking of picking up some of their other stuff...any suggestions?