Anyone waiting for Half Life Episode 3

Im hopefully that there will be release info at gdc. Developers usually use this conference to show off new technology and valve is known to release engine updates with half life games.

If only black mesa would release it would hold me over lol

What im saying is that its annoying having to pay the same amount of money to get an expansion to the source engine, as it costs to buy a game based on a modern game engine.
And my problems isnt really that the Source-engine looks bad, but its rather all those glitches, like how the engine lights models.. its a common bug that if you get to close to walls, your player model will be lit from the other side of the wall(Making your model darker/brighten then what the actual room is.).. there are other stuff like this thats bothering me with their engine(Like the sucky AI.).
... Oh, and the fact that i get pretty low framerates in HL2, but can run games like MW2 maxed out without any problems what so ever.

Im still playing Quake 3, and i still think its one of the best engines ever, so im not that stuck up on graphics really. ;)
Anyways, still great game.. but i wont buy EP3 before it drops down to ~10$ unless they pull out some real improvement out of there asses.

Word and word, plus, the Source engine still has better motion blur and real-time lighting than a lot of current games IME, which count for a lot with me cuz they heighten the realism factor, whereas I always thought the Modern Warfare games, for example, despite their solid textures and high frame rates, always looked too slick and "fake", because there's zero motion blur and not much real-time lighting or anything else like that (just a depth of field focus effect, better than nothing I guess), so it still feels just so much more like a video game to me than many others - the 60 fps rate I think actually really exacerbates that as well, cuz I find games closer to 30 fps actually look more realistic to me, probably because that's closer to film/movie/TV frame rates and so things don't look so artificially smooth - but then again, that 60 fps rate may not look too convincing, but it does make MW1 and especially 2 by far the smoothest controlling games I've ever played! :headbang: Sorry, random tangent :D

And yeah, can't wait for Ep 3, even if it looks identical to the others!

What im saying is that its annoying having to pay the same amount of money to get an expansion to the source engine, as it costs to buy a game based on a modern game engine.
And my problems isnt really that the Source-engine looks bad, but its rather all those glitches, like how the engine lights models.. its a common bug that if you get to close to walls, your player model will be lit from the other side of the wall(Making your model darker/brighten then what the actual room is.).. there are other stuff like this thats bothering me with their engine(Like the sucky AI.).
... Oh, and the fact that i get pretty low framerates in HL2, but can run games like MW2 maxed out without any problems what so ever.

Im still playing Quake 3, and i still think its one of the best engines ever, so im not that stuck up on graphics really. ;)
Anyways, still great game.. but i wont buy EP3 before it drops down to ~10$ unless they pull out some real improvement out of there asses.

This is the thing- The source engine is actually still kicking the shit out of a lot of stuff out there. I once said walking past my pond near work to my mate, "wow that water looks almost like HL2!" :lol: Im not sure it does faces as well as the cry engine or the quake engine used on the new COD though.

It has plenty more years in it I think, and I guess as much as we'd love a new one, if we had made it ourselves then we would milk it for all it was worth too. I think it is actually possibly the longest engine development of all time.