HALF LIFE FANS!!!

depends whether youre happy paying 50 bucks for a pretty piece of shit or an ugly 3 course meal with all the trimmings, the latter being half life.

So what you are saying is that BioShock, Modern Warfare, Call Of Juarez and STALKER are pretty pieces of shit? :lol:

Stalker IS a piece of shit, but not a pretty one. Glad I only paid 2 euros for it on Steam. MW2 makes me want to buy a whole new gaming system though

Then you seriously need a new gfx-card! D;
Today, if you spend 30$, you get a GFX that will give you well over 120fps in that game with everything maxed out.

not on a laptop though :( I've been seriously considering of buying a tower PC for playing some games... But I think I still have to go with Xbox360 or such

Stalker IS a piece of shit, but not a pretty one. Glad I only paid 2 euros for it on Steam. MW2 makes me want to buy a whole new gaming system though

I agree about STALKER.. dont even remember why i wrote that(Was half drunk.). o,0
But yeah, my point is that there are new games, based on new technology that are much more interesting and fun then yet another extra set of maps for the outdated Source engine, and those games costs the same amount of money.
I just dont get why Valve keeps charging full prices for expansions.

not on a laptop though :( I've been seriously considering of buying a tower PC for playing some games... But I think I still have to go with Xbox360 or such

Ah, then its a bit trickier, yeah.
And 360 or PS3 is definitly worth it if you can manage to play FPS-games with controllers.. personally, i cant stand it.
As a former semi-pro gamer i feel so restricted by those controlls.. still own a 360 for those epicz games like Brütal Legend and Fable 2 though. ;)

Did the Episodes ever cost as much as new full games? I think I bought EP2 when it was fairly new or so, for 15 euros on Steam...

Yeah, I'm probably gonna go with the 360... I owned the original Xbox for years (actually, a grand total of three of them, 2 of which are now busted) and got the hang of playing FPS on controllers. Just hoping it won't break prematurely this time. I read Microsoft are putting one more new motherboard type in the 360s before releasing a new console, probably going to buy one of those "last 360s" if they're better rather than worse.

Did the Episodes ever cost as much as new full games? I think I bought EP2 when it was fairly new or so, for 15 euros on Steam...

i never bought any of them, so im not sure.. but EP1 was priced at 40-50$ when it was released, and i remember that i didnt want to buy EP2 either when it was released because of the price.
Im considering to buy them now though, as you can get both games for like 15$(Which its definitely worth.).

Yeah, I'm probably gonna go with the 360... I owned the original Xbox for years (actually, a grand total of three of them, 2 of which are now busted) and got the hang of playing FPS on controllers. Just hoping it won't break prematurely this time. I read Microsoft are putting one more new motherboard type in the 360s before releasing a new console, probably going to buy one of those "last 360s" if they're better rather than worse.

ALLOT of the issues with the 360 where solved with the Jasper board(The latest one.), and IF your console fails, Microsoft will extend your warranty so you never have to worry about any costs(Even though it still sucks if it breaks down.).

So what you are saying is that BioShock, Modern Warfare, Call Of Juarez and STALKER are pretty pieces of shit? :lol:

Bioshock was awesome, but it looked really plastic wrapped, Modern Warfare isn't exactly the epitomy of story telling, call of juarez is overwhelmingly average and STALKER owns :D

because there's very very few games release nowadays that come anywhere near close to the brilliance of HL2. bioshock is probably the closest for me and on the graphical front it looks totally plastic wrapped which bugs the fuck out of me.

Crazy that this thread popped up considering I just beat Half Life Episode 2 last night and was thinking, "Fuck, wheres, the next episode!?" haha.

I wasn't blown away by it, but I did enjoy it and probably would have flipped out over it if I had experienced it when it first came out. The voice acting is pretty good, though. I replayed the last level of ep2 with the commentary on, and when the first clip of the actress who played Alyx started playing I thought at first that it was a part of the game dialog I had previously missed! She sounded exactly like her character, or rather voice versa.

half life fanboys anonymous.
hi my names gareth and ive been addicted to half life for 9 years.

I know some of the developers in Black Mesa Source, i'll see if i can contact any of them and see how the development is going! :)

The first source i had cant give me any information, because he hasnt been involved in it for a while.. im going to see if i can find the phone numbers to my other "associates". ;)

the black mesa guys seem pretty tight in that they dont give out info apart from when they want to. D:

Yeah, just got word that "its still moving forward".. but he didn't want to give me much else. ;)