HALF LIFE FANS!!!

you're kidding right? :heh:
Jokes aside I love HL ;)

really, what's so great about the original HL2?

It's an ok game, but come on... It's the same shit over and over again, plus dreadful and painfully long drive-a-vehicle-through-a-boring-area stuff several times, plus the fucking terrible Ravenholm part... My god, I really hate that part of HL2... It doesn't even make any sense.

Episode Two is great though. I fully enjoyed it.

edit. I love Machinima videos :lol: I've watched every episode of Freeman's Mind.. Those are awesome IMO

the atmosphere, characters, writing, voice acting, the facial expressions, the attention to detail...

fairly average gameplay i suppose by todays standards (although I think it excells at being video gamey, and I respect it for it. most games are trying to be faux-realistic rather than just being straight up bullshit arcadey stupid fun and i cant stand it) but the rest of the package excells even todays games. i cant think of many games that manage to make me care about the characters even slightly, but with HL2 they nailed it.

I agree, the characters are what's good in HL2... But still, in E2 all that was just better as the relationships with the characters grew deeper...

*spoiler alert in case some nooblet still hasn't played E2*

I remember I really felt like WTF!!!! inside when I thought Alyx died in E2, and although I saw it coming, the ending was great too. Too bad the music piece didn't quite cut it for me... The composer should have composed something entirely new and epic for that ending.

/*spoilerz*

Although I must admit, I installed a mod that allowed killing non-hostile NPCs just because you were never able to kill them in the actual game. I'm sick like that :lol:

Loved it when Barney threw me my trusty crowbar, and I responded by throwing it right back at his face, killing him instantly... Sadly, I can't remember which mod that was.

really, what's so great about the original HL2?

It's an ok game, but come on... It's the same shit over and over again, plus dreadful and painfully long drive-a-vehicle-through-a-boring-area stuff several times, plus the fucking terrible Ravenholm part... My god, I really hate that part of HL2... It doesn't even make any sense.

Episode Two is great though. I fully enjoyed it.

edit. I love Machinima videos :lol: I've watched every episode of Freeman's Mind.. Those are awesome IMO

No come on dude, it's the only FPS with a story.
yes the got better with each release ;)

No come on dude, it's the only FPS with a story.
yes the got better with each release ;)

Sopulurn and I mean that the original HL2 wasn't great but the Episodes were really good.

Maybe it's cos I didn't play HL1 and I was kinda lost for the most part in HL2, but the Episodes went much deeper into character development and were much more fun.
Also I played HL2 original on Xbox and
1) I spent FOREVER figuring out where to go, very confusing in bits and
2) dunno if this was limited to the Xbox version but there were a ton of random deaths. Honestly just shooting some dudes, all cool and then BAM insta-death. Got old really fast.

I found Half-Life 2 to be a showcase for the Havok engine.
Still a very good game, but not the best ive played. ;)

The Source engines physics come from the Havok-Engine.
The Source engine is a game engine, that consists of a sound engine, graphics engine(Heavily modified/modernized GoldSRC.), script engine and physics engine, and the physics engine is an expanded version of Havok.

I used to be in da bizzle, so i now my shizzle, ya nizzle? *insert cripwalking smiley*

The kids at school make fun of me, but its ok, because my mom tells me im special.