Half-Life 2 - goddamn

Hahaha, well there are still a lot of current games with people having seizures (Dead Space with all those dismembered limbs, oh man :lol: ) What recent game has had shreddable cloth dude? (and please don't say MK vs DC, cuz that's obviously just pre-scripted)

Mirrors Edge for naming one game i played recently.. and most of the games that uses PhysX has shreddable cloth as well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PhysX#Games

And i wouldn't touch MK vs DC with a 3 foot long stick! :lol:

Hmm, looks like the only game I've played that uses that engine is Gears of War 1/2 (and I always thought they were Havok), and see my above "bodies made of balloons" example for why I think Half-Life 2 is better!

Oh yeah, and Mass Effect, but I don't remember the physics in that being particularly impressive either

Hmm, looks like the only game I've played that uses that engine is Gears of War 1/2 (and I always thought they were Havok), and see my above "bodies made of balloons" example for why I think Half-Life 2 is better!

Oh yeah, and Mass Effect, but I don't remember the physics in that being particularly impressive either

Well, some of these games implement PhysX like shit, others are great.
Ive never played Gears of War, but i thought Unreal 3's physics was pretty damn good..
And after watching the video below at 2:40, it really shows how much the physics in gaming have evolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shit guys, Ive never looked into games that deep before.
Im not a big gamer, but I play some games. only on xbox360, not pc.
Oblivion is my fave game.

Just got to one of my favorite lines, and I don't even know if it was supposed to be as funny as I find it: "there's no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist" - oh no, god forbid, anything but that! :lol: