Aosoth - III

ratsapprentice

God can gtfo
Aug 15, 2009
London
Been listening the shit out of this for the past couple of weeks, it's fucking great. And the production sounds absolutely abyssal :headbang:

Anyone else enjoying this as much as I am?

Last edited by a moderator:
It bored me to tears, and I actually liked a few tunes off the first two quite a bit. Wrong turn for that band IMO. Now they're just generic, painfully predictable cold grim BM from the early part of the last decade. I liked their thrashier, aggressive approach better. This just made me really sorry Antaeus isn't around anymore. Put on any Antaeus disc (or better yet, the song from the Katharsis split) and you will never need this soporific, uninspired and meandering abortion.

I don't like the production either frankly, too much low mid not enough bite in the guitars. And where is the snare?

The new Negative Plane however is a much more rewarding experience. Especially for the "fuck you this is Black Metal and we'll drown everything in Cathedral reverb" production attitude. (Although even I must admit what that little stunt did to the drums is quite deplorable). The song/riff structures are pure death metal however if you ask me...

Riffs like the one that kicks in at 2:55 is basically why I listen to metal, total throw horns bang your head off domination.

Last edited by a moderator:
That Execration stuff kills, I don't usually pay too much attention to Brutal Death Metal in general but those guys have a really nice old school/black metal influenced vibe to their stuff.