API VS Focusrite

As usual, the API is quicker, tighter and with more bite. The Control24 is more dull and boomy.

well, I'll only be using the focusrites on hats and room tracks, triggers etc...perhaps bottom snare.
I actually think the octopre preamps are a bit more analytic than the Control24 preamps..they're supposed to be the same though

I like the APIs better, too.. but it's not *that* big a difference to me, and it's not like the Focusrite preamps sound bad.
Imho not worth the extra money but I am GASing for APIs nevertheless :lol: Damnit.

well, I'll only be using the focusrites on hats and room tracks, triggers etc...perhaps bottom snare.
I actually think the octopre preamps are a bit more analytic than the Control24 preamps..they're supposed to be the same though

Well the control 24 pres have shit ton more components next to them and I would think there is a longer signal chain then the octopre.

I still love my Focusrites on my Saffires, I still say for the price you cant beat em.

But seriously guys did you really expect the Control 24 to beat out the API's ....lol

I did not realize that there are speed issues with preamps, but the second part of the clip clearly shows it. So that's why my fast picking turns to mud, seems I am forced to play doom until I can upgrade :)

Just picked up an API 3124, and RME Fireface 800 w/ Focusrite Octopre via ADAT to record the drums for the new The Empire Shall Fall album... Eager to here how the API sounds. Either going to go Snare, and 3 Toms with the API or 2 OH's, Snare, Room. Will probably use the Octopre and RME pres (hh, ride and rooms etc) Lasse, what are your findings with the API and Octopre on drums soo far??

Just picked up an API 3124, and RME Fireface 800 w/ Focusrite Octopre via ADAT to record the drums for the new The Empire Shall Fall album... Eager to here how the API sounds. Either going to go Snare, and 3 Toms with the API or 2 OH's, Snare, Room. Will probably use the Octopre and RME pres (hh, ride and rooms etc) Lasse, what are your findings with the API and Octopre on drums soo far??

If you want to use the real toms and snare, use the apis. Maybe with pad-cables.
I got the biggest toms out of hot driven api-pres.
If you use small-condensers for OH then the octopres are fine.
They are by far not as slow as onyx preamps or stuff...