APT cd review.. more like thoughts i guess

Never heard any Evergrey. Guess I need to pick some up. I've heard they're good, so I'll take that as a compliment.

I've never heard any Evergrey either, that I can recall. But I do know they kinda resemble another band I once listened to...um, Esucarys... I think it was.

First spin through. SS, I am hearing some Don Dokken in your voice from time to time. Nice. :headbang:

Well, at least I'm being compared to singers who are WAY better than I am. That much is cool. :kickass:

As long as I don't hear anyone say I sound like Jack White, Perry Farrell or Bob Dylan, I guess I'm okay. :lol:

SS

Yeah, but how about those keys? I'm hearing some Rachmoninoff and maybe a bit of Wakeman. :lol::headbang:

I'm double posting this. Well, I guess I don't need to say that . It is my site.:lol:

Go to www.myspace.com/stevetheroostersorrell if you have a minute. I posted a new tune there. Click on "Opeth Tribute Deliver'Acoustic". I don't think you'll hear any Bon Jovi here. :heh:

It's my tribute to Opeth. It features acoustic guitars, banjo and sitar solos, bongo drums and death metal vocals. o_O Damn that was fun!!!

I had to cut 5 minutes out of it to fit it on Myspace. That sucked, but I don't think it ruined the tune.

SRS

All I can hear are the voices in my head. They just keep shouting gibberish at me (in pig latin) over and over again and I can't get rid of them! Make them stop!!!!!

I think that's one of the largest improvements compared to the band's first disc is Sorrell's vocals. I believe it was once Geoff Tate that claimed vocals were just another instrument within the band. SS has really stepped it up with what he's done in the mic. I'm guessing he probably was wearing a kid's medium in underwear upon recording the tracks. :lol:

I think that's one of the largest improvements compared to the band's first disc is Sorrell's vocals. I believe it was once Geoff Tate that claimed vocals were just another instrument within the band. SS has really stepped it up with what he's done in the mic.

Thank you very much, kind Sir! When we recorded the first record I was still a cover-tune vocalist. I had never had to use my own voice. I didn't know how to. It's now been 12 years since I played covers, so I think that gave me time to really find my own voice.

Thanks for noticing! WOO HOO!!:headbang:

I'm guessing he probably was wearing a kid's medium in underwear upon recording the tracks. :lol:

Actually, I use a pair of C-clamps to assist me in hitting the high notes. :lol:

SRS

Thank you very much, kind Sir! When we recorded the first record I was still a cover-tune vocalist. I had never had to use my own voice. I didn't know how to. It's now been 12 years since I played covers, so I think that gave me time to really find my own voice.

Thanks for noticing! WOO HOO!!:headbang:

Actually, I use a pair of C-clamps to assist me in hitting the high notes. :lol:

SRS

Dude!! Yer vocals Rock!!:kickass::kickass::kickass::kickass: