Aptrigga > Drumagog!!

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
of course that's just my opinion, but I just got my 40€ Aptrigga license and prefer that plugin to drumagog.
No flams, interesting features like stack, Dynatack, gate etc. overall just a better plugin (for me at least).

so before shelling out that much for drumagog you should consider getting aptrigga.

YMMV.

apTrigga is so much better! It always has been. I tell people all the time, but nobody wants to hear it (especially when they've already shelled out $250 for drumagog). It's one of those things that when you find it and start using it, you kick yourself for not doing so sooner. I originally used apTrigga, and I bought Drumagog later on, thinking it was going to be superior, but ended up selling it pretty quickly. I don't like the interface or the supplied gogs, and I don't want to spend a month converting all my WAV/AIFF samples to a proprietary GOG format! I love apulSoft for making such an awesome plug, and even moreso for charging less than $50 when they could charge as much as Drumagog or Sound Replacer.

yeah ! Aptrigga pwns drumagog even if it was the same price! not to mention the price is like 1/6th of flamagog.... (I have both... drumagog sucks compared to aptrigga)

So does anyone know how you multisample with aptrigga?

I always end up using 1 sample in aptrigga, and i then use drumagog for multisampling... i have not found out yet how to do this in aptrigga 2..

Drumagog converts everything to 32-bit float when you create GOGs, and so I'm assuming the factory GOGs are 32-bit as well. apTrigga uses your samples exactly as they are. This may have something to do with the sonic differences between the two.

What kind of multi-sampling are you referring to? Dynamic, Positional, etc? There are very good instructions in the apTrigga PDF.

Obviously Drumagog has a much greater multi-sample capability, but it doesn't convince me. Anyway, the only time I would find that many multi-samples desirable is if I was trying to completely replace a snare drum or a snare roll, but I never do that! I use samples for reinforcement, with the exception of rock/metal where the kick is usually completely replaced. It depends on how good the drummer's foot is! I'll replace toms in metal too, but it sounds better to use samples for reinforcement and mix in some of the original sound to "humanize" it with the player's actual touch, instead of trying to replace the entire thing with multi-samples the way Drumagog does. Ugh, I get irritated just thinking about all the time I spent trying to get Drumagog to do what it claims to be able to do. I thought it was broken, buggy, I thought it was just me, but no! Reinforcement is really where it's at, not replacement. Just because we can use samples and we now have tools like this that make our lives easier doesn't mean you should abandon the art of micing a drumkit. Killer drum sounds take time, samples or not. I think it's pretty easy to get a decent & usable drum sound for metal using a pair of cheap SDC's, spot-mics on each drum, and some good samples.

ApTrigga seem to work better for me than drumagog judging from the demo. I have two questions.
Am I limited to 9 samples, and is there a random-sample-funtion?

Seriously! Multi-samples are overrated, just like 32-bit audio files, & 192kHz sample rates. The number sounds better, the number is bigger, it must be so much better... right?

Drums are meant to be played, not replaced!

:puke:

ok. Maybe you're right. I haven't checked how many of the samples in my gogs that's actually in use in a song.

I had serious problems with latency in drumagog. I couldn't just align the processed track to the original because the latency wasn't the same for every hit. That doesn't seem to be a problem with ApTrigga