Arcturus announced for Progpower 2011?

the first day! arcturus + sanctuary !!!! :OMG:
there are even two italian bands, what the hell are eldritch (they live near meeee!!!!) doing there???? :lol:

i'm waiting for some arcturus european dates now! :Shedevil:

When and where is that festival?

Anyway, it just occured to me that he said not too long ago that the Arcturus reunion was going to happen, I found his post here.

They are playing a show, how good. I don't see it saying they are coming back and making an album. The last album they did was barely passible, Vortex sings out of key on it and the music is uninspired. If they do come back they are going to really have to make a better album than SS. For me the Arcturus I remember is dead, and that is the Arcturus I enjoyed the most but I wish them luck in this new formation.

They are playing a show, how good. I don't see it saying they are coming back and making an album. The last album they did was barely passible, Vortex sings out of key on it and the music is uninspired. If they do come back they are going to really have to make a better album than SS. For me the Arcturus I remember is dead, and that is the Arcturus I enjoyed the most but I wish them luck in this new formation.

Sounds like someone's cranky.

I was into Arcturus from the beginning. I was a fan from Album 1 so I have the right to come from that perspective because I can hear echoes from Garm haunting my memories from old. Plus, Im not a big fan of ICS VORTEX, so if that makes me grumpy oh well.

ARCTURUS vocalist ICS Vortex (real name Simen Hestnæs) adds, "ProgPower USA 2011 will host the first ARCTURUS concert in five years. This is our first performance in the United States, and since we're all retarded, probably the last."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=145919

Oh Cthulhu oh Cthulhu oh Cthulhu!!!!!

This is excellent news…, it's in September of next year so I'll have enough time to save money to go!!! Cons: It'll be three months before I hand in my thesis :p, but what the heck, Arcturus is priority in this case.

When do the tickets go on sale, and how much will they cost?

Oh man and Sanctuary too. I somehow have to make an excuse for my job hehe.

:lol: at the "retarded" part.

And Sideshow Symphonies is a masterpiece, just like every Arcturus record. Uninspired music? Someone needs to get his ears cleaned.

Garm already said that he's not interested on Arcturus anymore some time ago and Vortex is overall a good singer. About his performance, now I can safely say that SS is great. I remember that the first spins were like wtf?? but with some time and a better sound system I found the brilliance on it. Sverd had some years to write new songs and I hope he really did.

I'm not sure if I could afford a trip to USA right now, but I'll try. I can't die without seeing Arcturus live at least once.

Alteredmindeath fuck you. You are an idiot. Your opinion to not like something is ok, but the way you voice is, and the fact you can hate on SS in the way you do, tells me you are a dumb piece of shit. Seriously fuck you.

I take solace in the fact you are probably a fat/ugly trve kvlt loser virgin.

Garm already said that he's not interested on Arcturus anymore some time ago and Vortex is overall a good singer. About his performance, now I can safely say that SS is great. I remember that the first spins were like wtf?? but with some time and a better sound system I found the brilliance on it. Sverd had some years to write new songs and I hope he really did.

I'm not sure if I could afford a trip to USA right now, but I'll try. I can't die without seeing Arcturus live at least once.

Got 1 year to save bro, that is what I am gonna be doing!

Of course, one cannot die without seeing Arcturus once. And considering it's the first time they're in the continent of America (hehe), one has to seize that opportunity. Because Vortex said it, they're retards and they'll probably never come back :p.

Sería una excelente oportunidad para que nos viéramos/conocernos, ya que no creo que vaya a Chile en el futuro próximo :)().

In a way, it'd be a great opportunity to have a mini-forum meeting.

Alteredmindeath fuck you. You are an idiot. Your opinion to not like something is ok, but the way you voice is, and the fact you can hate on SS in the way you do, tells me you are a dumb piece of shit. Seriously fuck you.

I take solace in the fact you are probably a fat/ugly trve kvlt loser virgin.

To be honest he's always seemed kind of stupid to me, so I have had him in my ignore list for quite some time now. I saw his post because someone quoted it he, curse you Kerros! Anyhow.

Got 1 year to save bro, that is what I am doing!

Corrected. Hehe at least me, the ticket's not really expensive (about $550), but the food and hotel/hostel is also an issue.

Hey maybe some of us forum members can manage to share a room? That'd be nice.

Right now I'm listening to Kinetic and I'm screaming like a 15-year-old girl!!! It seems like a dream, I feel jocund, ecstatic, euphoric and over-joyed!!!! AHHHHHHHH!!!

Welcome
this transmission
from a fallen star
otherwise known as Arcturus

Light has departed
from this black sun
But please put us on
to bring darkness down
from your head and home

Our enterprise a success
as return is no option
our eyes were removed
for our own safety

The distance too great
for you to hear our cries
nevermind take this lamp
we are beyond light

We learned so little
of inhuman culture
before disappearance
went right through us

The mothership
boarded by fools
we escape space
in order to reach
our destination

And if you are listening
please tell us about the time
where and when we exist
no more

For when you go
we go with you
via wormholes​

basically that album compared to the others...it doesn't comp. plus I cleaned my ears and my opinion didn't change, is that strange?

Just a matter of taste, I guess. Even if I love how Garm' singing has evolved - I think Sham was his best vocal work on Arcturus - I liked what Simen did on SS. All Arcturus' albums are way different from each other, and that album follows the same rule. What I missed on it was the massive keys presence. It's not like SS has 'less' layers than the others, just the mix favors the guitars and vocals more than before, but I love the atmosphere and there are some true gems on it. Evacuation Code Deciphered was something totally unexpected, yet one of the most beautiful and demented tracks that the band did ever. Shipwrecked, Deamonpainter and Hufsa are excellent songs too. The most important thing on SS is that it shows how they can reinvent themselves and still releasing unique, classy and innovative avantgarde material.

With Arcturus you just can't say what's coming, so if they release a new album, it will be literally something unheard to date.

Edit:mad:Defiance: Even if the idea is kinda lunatic, I'll do my best to travel. To share a room is a good idea... heck, I can even sleep on the floor to make it there!. Any info about the place, tickets-hotel prices will be appreciated.

Just a matter of taste, I guess. Even if I love how Garm' singing has evolved - I think Sham was his best vocal work on Arcturus - I liked what Simen did on SS. All Arcturus' albums are way different from each other, and that album follows the same rule. What I missed on it was the massive keys presence. It's not like SS has 'less' layers than the others, just the mix favors the guitars and vocals more than before, but I love the atmosphere and there are some true gems on it. Evacuation Code Deciphered was something totally unexpected, yet one of the most beautiful and demented tracks that the band did ever. Shipwrecked, Deamonpainter and Hufsa are excellent songs too. The most important thing on SS is that it shows how they can reinvent themselves and still releasing unique, classy and innovative avantgarde material.

With Arcturus you just can't say what's coming, so if they release a new album, it will be literally something unheard to date.

Yeah man your right, it's about taste. The album was something different, I still own it because I bought it like all their albums. I think I will give it a respin to see how well it holds up today. I do remember when I first listened to it I expected better, but the album could of been lots worse too. I would like to go to the arcturus show and get very drunk.